PDA

View Full Version : buying a jet ski. yamaha or seadoo?

conco46
15-07-2012, 04:53 PM
live in mackay weather can get bad i own a 5 meter boat but want to buy a ski so i can get in and out nice and quick and i loved fishing buy myself and i love surfing too (used to live on gold coast for 30 years)
always wanted a ski and now i have a wife and 2 kids should be good fun for them joy rideing and jumping waves.
LOVE pelagic fishing which mackay is known for
used alot of mates skis for toweing in and playing but never fished off one, looking for it to be nice and stable good on fuel and got some fun power, im leaning to yamaha but not shore wat model, but am open minded to other makes.

Runlikehell
15-07-2012, 05:40 PM
If you're going the Yami it'll have to be the FXHO Cruiser because it's big and wide, which is what you want for offshore stuff. Don't go the supercharger as they use more juice which limits your range. Whatever brand you end up getting, cruise control for long trips, troll mode, height adjustable handle bars, and a neutral position make life easier. Mines a 2012 FXHO Cruiser and I reckon it's hard to beat, though I haven't tried the equivalent SeaDoo.

cheers,

conco46
15-07-2012, 06:52 PM
If you're going the Yami it'll have to be the FXHO Cruiser because it's big and wide, which is what you want for offshore stuff. Don't go the supercharger as they use more juice which limits your range. Whatever brand you end up getting, cruise control for long trips, troll mode, height adjustable handle bars, and a neutral position make life easier. Mines a 2012 FXHO Cruiser and I reckon it's hard to beat, though I haven't tried the equivalent SeaDoo.

cheers,
yeah good point cuise control & etc
probley get a sled too
cheers mate

Seahorse
15-07-2012, 08:44 PM
I got 2010 yammie ho cruiser. Loveit. Wouldn't buy anything else. I fish on mine all time. I just put in second battery, sounder fish rack, all fits good. Go the yammie

conco46
15-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I got 2010 yammie ho cruiser. Loveit. Wouldn't buy anything else. I fish on mine all time. I just put in second battery, sounder fish rack, all fits good. Go the yammie
yeah cheers mate
i know mat edwards well he owns towoomba yamaha he owes me a favour so prob get a new one off him ;D

do u have som pics u can put up of urs?

2BNVS1
18-07-2012, 11:07 PM
I use both the FX ho and seadoo rxtx. The HO is great for the cruise control and very nice ride. But I prefer
The rxtx. The neutral on the handle bar has helped sneak up on tuna etc. Both are nice but I just prefer the 'doo

Jakers 69
19-07-2012, 12:09 AM
The seadoo have the rewards , do some good research on the web and see what will suite your needs best.
Good luck.

Seahorse
19-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Conco
I put couple pics on other thread in this section