PDA

View Full Version : WTF!!

rabbi
10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
I went for a fish today in the Richmond river with a friend of the families offspring at the RSL walkway and had a bit of fun just catching small throwback fish. Even Stonecold joined in and caught a few.
We went back to the cleaning tables at Fishery ck and were going to clean a couple of keepers we had.
Had a look in the drain channel of the table and there were 5 jew frames that had been filleted. I thought " you gotta be kidding me" and put them on a measure. 30cm and the biggest was 32cm.
Either these people were as dumb as dogshit or thought they were whiting but what the hell were these fishos thinking!!
I certainly woulda had a shot at them if I had caught them cleaning these little fish.
Wheres a fishing inspector when you need them??
Another fisho turned up to clean his catch and was equally shocked and got quite angry at the mentality of the people that keep undersize fish.
Fair go guys!!

GABBA110360
10-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Give Pat Pluncket a ring at fisheries i'm sure you would have his number

WalrusLike
10-07-2012, 07:16 PM
My Dad was not a fisherman and I am not either... But I am starting to want to be.... I have dangled a line recently. So I know bugger all apart from there are bag limits and size constraints.

So I figured I would have a look at the PDF I have for fish limits and it doesn't have 'Jew' fish?

I suppose I need to visit BCF and get some other additional fish id and bag limit thingy. In fact if I ever bring one on board and it's a keeper I won't know what to do with it then.... More reading up I suppose.

Lucky_Phill
10-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I suppose I need to visit BCF and get some other additional fish id and bag limit thingy. In fact if I ever bring one on board and it's a keeper I won't know what to do with it then.... More reading up I suppose.

Well, here's the link to the Mulloway specs.

http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/28_3042.htm

.... you will find that FQ ( Fisheries Queensland )... old DPI & F have available ID / species, regulatio etc... booklets. Contact the Office and they will get one to you. It's called Recreational Fishing Rules for Queensland, " A Brief Guide "

Phone: 13 25 23

Email: callweb@deedi.qld.gov.au

and, with all due respect to the tackle store you mentioned, you will find other, less LARGE stores, like independants, will be able to offer you more and or better info. IMO.

LP

WalrusLike
10-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks Lucky.

What I didn't realize is that 'Jew' is actually Mullaway. So 75cm min limit of two. And that's two including any left in a freezer at home... So a fillet at home means can only keep one.

I have read up on it... Just don't know the names... But would have used the picture to identify it I suppose.

MudRiverDan
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah, here are the NSW size limits

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/regulations/sw/sw-bag-and-size

Not sure what the reckoning is with a 45cm limit, but that's it in NSW...

snapperdan
10-07-2012, 09:44 PM
The world is full of uneducated fwits. The great thing about a baseball bat is you can beat an education in to a fwit with out an education.

braders83
11-07-2012, 05:20 AM
How's the river looking Rabbi? Do you think it will be fishable around Wardell in a week's time? Our social fishing club has a closed outing at Wardell next weekend. I would have thought we would need to come back up towards Pimlico - we've had a fair bit of rain!

theoldlegend
11-07-2012, 07:47 AM
What's the Richmond like at Ballina mate? The past few times going through Woodburn, there were still clumps of water hyacinth, logs and rubbish still floating downstream.

For people to clean undersize jewies at public cleaning tables, surely they had no idea what they'd caught? That's no excuse though.

I got pretty cranky once on the wall at Iluka, where a bloke was catching lots of undersize bream and kept every one. He would have had more than his bag limit, and every one was an under. There was only one other car there at the time, so I took the number plate, assuming it was the bloke's car.

Wrote a letter to the Fisheries mob at Maclean, including the number plate of the car, and they thanked me for my letter, but they explained they had a large area to patrol and not many people on the ground to do it.

Wouldn't hurt to let them know though.

TOL

netmaker
11-07-2012, 07:58 AM
I got pretty cranky once

LOL TOL! only once? never met anyone yet who was pretty when cranky;)

Lancair
11-07-2012, 08:01 AM
A week or so ago, I watched an elderly fisherman catch an undersize tailor from the north wall at Ballina, he cut its throat and put it in his catch bag. Later as I was returning to my car, I overheard him telling another fisherman that he didnt catch anything at all. LIAR.

rabbi
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah filthy about fishos that do that sorta shit.
The river is clearing down at the mouth but I dont know how long it will be before wardell is fishable, a fair while going by normal river conditions as it takes forever for the river to clear these days, if at all!!
Have to tell these fishos that kill fingerlings that Dogfish(forky tail catfish) are much better eating than mulloway and maybe they can rid the river of em.
Aaaah , the potential of the Richmond if only...........................