PDA

View Full Version : Fishing tackle at the Boat Show

bugman
09-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I was lucky enough to go to the Melbourne Boat show over the weekend. It was pretty typical of the Brisbane version at the Convention Centre except for one major point.

There was heaps and heaps of tackle for sale at good prices.

Last time I went to the Brisbane Boat Show (few years now I'll admit). There was bugger all guys selling rods, reels, tackle. In Melbourne I'd say there were 8 major stores including Annaconda of all people. There were a couple of local major tackle shops/chandleries as well as those big discount tackle guys that used to go to Brisbane.

Prices were pretty good if you know what you were looking for. I picked up a heap of cheap lures, tackle plus some rods and reels. Nearly had to pay excess on the plane.

Got some ultra cheap 3-5kg good spin sticks that I'll use for light snapper or jacks no problem at - just $15 each. He had then at $69 down from $149 (yeah right). We walked in and it was one of those - "I want them all gone now they're $15 for the next 10 mins" sales. He sold about 100 in the 10 mins we were there.

Shimanno B120OC Baitrunners were $170. Berkley dropshot rods were $45. 24kg roller tip Shimanno Backbone elite straight butt rod was $60.

Got a couple of nice little ABU Garcia Cardinal spin Reels for $39.

Some things were over priced but as i said you needed to know what you were looking for.

I saw an amazing 28 foot Boston whaler on a trailer with twin 225 Yammies. Was probably the best laid out internal fitout I'd seen for a boat of it's size. They even managed two double beds in there plus kitchen and cooking area and heaps of fishing room. Was all loaded out for game fishing and was on special for $265k. Bargain.

Anyway just thought I'd let others know.

Brett