PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa pirate jigs

Jigsrule
05-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Gday fellows

Has anyone had any success on these jigs? Heard these are dynamite on snapper and bottom fish. Just wanted some info on how best to use these. What technique, rods, reels and rigging has worked for you?

Cheers
Josh

TimD
05-07-2012, 07:38 PM
What weight are you wanting to use Josh ???

cheers tim :)

Jigsrule
05-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Gday Tim

I want to use weights between 100-150g. Was thinking to let it hit bottom and raise and lower the rod and hope to not get snagged

TimD
05-07-2012, 08:14 PM
I don't own any myself Josh so can't give you any decent advice. If i was going to use them though i would just drop them to the bottom and then lift the rod up and down, they shouldnt require much rod work to catch fish.

Most of my jigs are light flutter jigs between 40-100 grams and they require bugger all work to catch demersal species. At the Bait vs Arti M&G we were dropping 40-50 gram jigs at the patch and caught a few different species including squire, pearlies, cobia, mac tuna. I really enjoy the light demersal jigging as it doesnt kill your arms and back like heavy knife jigging.

If you want to learn more about light jigging mate join the Fishwrecked forum :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

Jigsrule
05-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Cheers Tim