PDA

View Full Version : reccomended rod repairer

bowds13
03-07-2012, 05:03 PM
hey all, was wondering if any one could reccomend a rod repairer on the north side of brisbane for me. noticed the other day that the end guide on my live fibre has some how chipped/cracked an slices the braid as it runs over it.

can any one point me in the right direction?

cheers

gpz1991
03-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Dont know of a repairer but it is easy fix tip ends generally held in place with hot melt glue, have been doing my own for years, just heat gently with cig lighter

bowds13
03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
hmmm may give it ago. when you say just heat with a cig lighter, do you mean just the eye of the guide an it will come out an then replace it or do you mean the whole tip its self? sorry for the questions, just dont want to make a mess of it.

thanks for your help

aussie_stu
03-07-2012, 10:10 PM
He means heat up the whole tip, just hold the lighter on the sleeve section for a few seconds and then grab it with some pliers, it should pull off real easy. Take the tip into a decent tackle shop and match the size, then grab some hot glue if they have it. To replace the tip, heat up the glue stick and wipe a bit on the rod end and a little into the sleeve of the new tip, while still warm push the tip on the rod and align it with the other guides, now use your fingers to wipe off excess glue and your done.

bowds13
03-07-2012, 10:24 PM
cheers fellas, sounds simple enough!

Snyderglasman
03-07-2012, 10:36 PM
If your looking for a good rod builder/rod repairer i would recommmened Gordon Smith of Pine Rivers Rod Building.
Gordon does new rods, repairs, restorations. His work is outsatnding and prices are very reasonable give him a bell on
(07) 3285 1574 during business hours

Rodman
15-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Give Ken Burgess of Frazorodz a Call does repairs on rods and reels within 24 hours and tips while you wait
prices are cheap give him a call on 0427832618