PDA

View Full Version : 4 herring and steak into a couple fish

shy guys
02-07-2012, 09:05 PM
After the call was made the inskip m&g was cancelled we were craving a fish so hooked up the boat Friday avo picked up the deckies shy guy 2 and humdinger and off we go to the ramp call was made to sleep off the cape. Had an idea this time we won't buy any bait we will catch some so start throwing the cast net for half hour trying to get some mullet only managed 4 herring never mind keep going will get some at the becons on the way out so we try jigging the becons for nothing never mind will get some at the cape got to the cape about 6ish try for some livies again for nothing will try again in the morning. So start fishing just off the cape with our four herring using them sparingly hook onto some underside fish but nearly out of herring now so thinking will have to start using plastics right about then shy guy 2 says as I'm cooking the rib eye wonder if steak will work as bait so deployed the steak down for some more small fish call was made around mid night to go to sleep will leave the rods out just in case at 2am we wake up to both rods left out drags screaming both snap but we see a whale 20m from the boat so the boys go back to sleep now I'm thinking might as well rig up and drop some more steak go to sleep to be woken up at 3 with drag peelin again get up grab the rod so comes up a nice snapper all happy drop again go to sleep wake in the morning to sun coming up go try for some livies again for nothing so plastics and steak it is go out to tempest and get a couple more fish on the steak and shy guy 2 even got a fish on a plastic first offshore he was stoked so we decide to head back 10 am with a couple fish in the box all in all was a good trip out was my first overnighter in the ocean loved it weather was perfect glassed out only slight roll get back into the bay glassed out nice quick trip back great weekend out
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/misc/pencil.png

rosco1974
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
bugger mate.its always the way take fark all bait and rely on gettin livies and what happins no livies....was going to give ya a call on the 2way but we had a hot bite session so kept fishing...wish i had now as we used bout 20 pillies to get our baglimit and we had bout 4kilo of the buggers onboard.guess least you got a few on the steak
cheers rosco

Humdinger
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
what else did shaun have on the hook with the rubber (steak) . was a great trip . fun times (it was suggested to harry that he should bleed his fish but he didn't want to do that for some reason )

any one know is there an offshore grinner ?

Humdinger
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
bugger mate.its always the way take fark all bait and rely on gettin livies and what happins no livies....was going to give ya a call on the 2way but we had a hot bite session so kept fishing...wish i had now as we used bout 20 pillies to get our baglimit and we had bout 4kilo of the buggers onboard.guess least you got a few on the steak
cheers rosco

we tryed to call you up rosco but you must have been busy .

rosco1974
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
yeah mate we had a good bite where we got our bag in around an hr... either that or we where underway and i didn't hear ya..

TimD
02-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Wonder if you would get better fish if you tryed wagyu rump or eye fillet :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

cobiaman
02-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Well done fellas, the snapper are certainly firing this year!

Humdinger
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Wonder if you would get better fish if you tryed wagyu rump or eye fillet :thumbsup:

the bacon didn't work too well

Goodoo haven
03-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Nice fish there. Well done.

netmaker
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
way to go fellas. good adapting to conditions there. will have to keep an eye out for zman grubz in rib fillet;)

Mossy247
03-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I'll swap steak for snapper anyday. Mmmmm steak with some of Lucas da chilli man's chilli sauce mmmm :-)
Great fish by the way...

Dicktracey
03-07-2012, 11:04 AM

Tim you would need another outfit for Rump mate ;)