PDA

View Full Version : When a plan comes together

Dicktracey
01-07-2012, 05:53 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/77e1a2ba-03d7-3e1b.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/77e1a2ba-03f5-a7ae.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/77e1a2ba-0ccc-1f1b.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/77e1a2ba-040f-2235.jpg
So after my daughter baging a 70cm snap Friday night the pressure was on my lad to step up ;)
We headed out to the markers and quickly filled the tank with livies, my lad and his mate "both 21" where stoked and where high 5ing each other with every full jig of yakas that come aboard ;D Wish Mossy was so easily pleased, nice to see the boys enjoying themselves so early in the day :P

I knew what i was in for with 2 novice offshore fisho's plan A was grab a quick PB then be skipper come deckie 8-)

Straight to spot MPB sorted drift rigged lines ok boys this is how it's done, cast like this let it sink watch it come around and when you hear the drag scream it's a snapper zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz Just like that my new PB hits the deck 82cm equal biggest snapper on board now so Mossy's ban is lifted ;D

So with plastics and yakas hitting the windscreen, rocket launchers and reef the piss taking started,my young bloke landed a good size trevelly so he had bragging rights for now ;)

My boy tells his mate we need more bait as a 35squire hits the floor, it's on :D My boy then hooks the russian sub from hell peeling drag, watching spool shrink we give chase, 15-20min later arms burning it stops & i reckon dived around some reef the boy a little pumped gave it some stick "Crack" there goes a graphite rod :'(
Sorry dad, no worries mate thats fishing, his mate then gets hit on a live yaka and plays it for 20min before getting reefed as well.
Must of replaced 10 leaders today & loved tying every knot it will be all to soon he has a family of his own.
New drift Burley trail lit up yakas darting " Bang" my young bloke is on 10min later he lands a 70cm green Job fish Man cm per KG these things smoke drag.
Shit is flying every direction now with bragging rights well and truly sorted, I noticed a rod tip getting rather nervous and handed it to my young blokes mate and said hang on to this for me will you zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 15min later a 81cm snap hits the floor, I tell you there was more high 5's than a snoop dog concert.;D
The whole morning was a great success even the show put on by the whales was over shadowed by the fish on board.
Had probably my best day on the water to date hope to do it again.
Cheers'
Dick

Gon Fishun
01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
That was a great read . Well done to you all.:D
Had to read it 3 times . Was getting abit ADHD.;D

Mossy247
01-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Hahahaha nice stuff mate, good to see Josh getting a good fish. Another cracking day on the water. I left the esky around just in case he needed it to take home some fish. He wasn't sick this time?

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 06:36 PM
well done mate a good session by the sounds of it.we had a cracker session as well but no real big snapps for us we our biggest went close to 60 but i guess when u bag out in around an hr its hard to get a trophy fish
cheers rosco

Dicktracey
01-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Hahahaha nice stuff mate, good to see Josh getting a good fish. Another cracking day on the water. I left the esky around just in case he needed it to take home some fish. He wasn't sick this time?
He rode the roller coaster at Mossy world mate ;) all good Cracking day out.

wags on the water
01-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Another great report from the weekend. Top effort guys.

Cheers,
Wags

TimD
01-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Sounds like a bloody good session :thumbsup:

That spot of yours certainly holds a good variety of species ;)

cheers tim :)

netmaker
01-07-2012, 07:27 PM
way to go dick. congrats on the pb mate and putting the boys onto some fish. also good to know mossy can lift his bottom lip up again too. think he was badly depressed. even heard he went out to mud saturday....

Dicktracey
01-07-2012, 07:37 PM
way to go dick. congrats on the pb mate and putting the boys onto some fish. also good to know mossy can lift his bottom lip up again too. think he was badly depressed. even heard he went out to mud saturday....

I headed over to Mossy on sat mate he was crying on his boat with his mate patting him on his back, I said whats wrong Moss ?
I could only land a 72 Dick :'(:'( Dont worry little chicken man you'll get outside again one day ;)

Goodoo haven
02-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Some nice fish caught there. Well done mate.

Crisp Bee
02-07-2012, 11:26 AM
awesome session, you'll never be short of crew now

MEG-A-BITE
02-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Great report,good to get the lads onto some fish.What size Evo is that ? Are you happy with the boat Im keen to look at the Evolution.

Dicktracey
02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Great report,good to get the lads onto some fish.What size Evo is that ? Are you happy with the boat Im keen to look at the Evolution.
552Gold mate, it's alot of boat for its size it is 5.52m bow to stern and 6.2m overall, i went the 140 suzuki on the back they sit a little low in the rear on back off I just learnt how to keep the engine dry.
The fishing area behind seats is 2.1 x 2m fishes 3 guys and big esky no problems, I couldn't see the sense in spending the extra 20k for a CC in the same class.
They do have a 600 evo as well but once again it's 20k more fore an extra .5m
Live tank is great and havn't found anything i would change other than the rear door lets water past as it has no seal, free draining deck anyway so it isn't a problem.
it's easy to see how it got Trailerboat of the year. Kiran at Coastal powerboats down the coast is the owner and a good bloke to boot.
cheers
Dick

fisho8
02-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Well done DT those days out are what memories are made of and you will share for a lifetime with the kids makes everything else feel irrelavent well done mate.:)

outwide1
02-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Well done fellas.
Shame about the rod.lol
Mick.

Dicktracey
04-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Mick,
The up side is the mrs has told me you need to replace the rod the boy broke on you, didn't say anything about the same price bracket ;)
We had a great day all jokes aside I would break another next trip to have that much fun again :)
Dick