PDA

View Full Version : snapp hot bite off moreton today 1/7/12

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 04:09 PM
81906819058190481903took out a couple of mates this morning and a poofter rod for what was an awsome snapp hot bite.well the morning started by mick(wavedance) being late to my place got out of the car saying today was going to be shit cause the servo had no currie pies.::).we loaded up and headed to the ramp.set the arials up and loaded the rocket launcher with a rod or 6..we headed across the bay in darkness and would have to be the slowest run to the bar sittiing on 22knts:-?..with the pre dawn light just starting to show we headed along the shingles with a couple of boats further up..we got to the start of the dog leg and noticed 1 boat had missed the channel and was in the washingmahine:o,whitewater everywhere.i kept going keeping 1 eye on the boat in the shit and the other on out heading ourselves.we got past the 1st shitty corner then the rest of the bar was flattish till the back bank with a couple standing up a bit..once out we wound the big cat up to full noise and 5 mintutes later the pillies where deployed...is drift we got 4 i the box,2nd drift we had another 6 in the box then we got another 2 and a perlie..had our bag so we went looking for a dollie or 2 which we got..ended up with 12 squiry snapps 2 dollies and a pearlie.also got a little mac tuna boat back on the trailer at 10.20..a short day out but a good 1 got our snappa bag in an hour
now the poofter rod part..i got this rod i call the poofter rod as its the 1 i use the mighty squid vicous plastic on..well can say it worked really well today catching 4 poofter snapps.colors used where nuc chicken and orange tiger... tim d how can u fish all day outside on plastics and catch fark all and a so called useless bait fisho uses plastics on a deadstick rod and catch 4 in under an hr..really starting to think the arti /plastic guru's are fulla shit or dont know how to fish
cheers rosco81902

littlemac
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
nice work rosco, thats a great feed and looks like great conditions

cheers

brett

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 04:34 PM
yeah mate once through the bar it was great outside.

philip_thomson
01-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice bag of snaps there, What was the size like? Nothing beats the bait to get a good feed of reefies :-)
nice to see a few dollies still around.

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 05:14 PM
40-60cm.good pan size fish

Boat Hog
01-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Rosco what a crack up! Poofter rod.... poofter snaps. LMAO ;D ;D

Tim D the challenge is out .... return serve, can you catch fish on bait without even trying?! ::)

Nice fishing Rosco and crew!

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 05:31 PM
hey boat hog,when u speak to a plastic fisho its all about working it ,jiggin it, twichin it and pullin it lol

popgun19
01-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Nice feed Rosco and crew, what jig heads were you using ?

Did you try any winter whiting as bait ?

Cheers,

Brian

Scalem
01-07-2012, 06:02 PM
hey boat hog,when u speak to a plastic fisho its all about working it ,jiggin it, twichin it and pullin it lolLove it when you talk dirty Rosco.:P

Well done on the snaps mate. It might be Tims captain to blame......You should get him out for a trip and make sure he brings red rock deli chips. Has not brought them out with him recently, about the time we started doing it tough. I need to make peace with my missus who is trying to claim back her space in the deep freezer, which is full of Mac Tuna and jelly beans - courtesy of Tim D's meet and greet latest efforts.;D Reckons they are good bait. I originally bought the freezer for bait, then used plastics more and had a clean out of old prawns, fillets, thawed once pillies and the like.... that's when she moved in ... It's again the bait vs arti competition in more ways than you can imagine.

Scalem

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 06:43 PM
mate wish yourself bull and the crews where there today mate i recon tim could of farted in the water and a fish would of come up..biggest baitball i have fished offshore in a very long time from 65mtrs to 20 mtrs on the screen..i recon the lot of us would of got our bags in under an hr..i kept tim posted on the day via text.by the time he responded t the 1st message we had all but bagged out..highlight was the 2nd drift when all 4 rods we had out buckled over in 5 seconds.i grabed the deadstick plastic rod then they all followed
cheers rosco

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 06:46 PM
popgun,
is an bought elovator jig head in 1 ounce 5/0 hook perfect for the squid vicous,i have a couple of dayoo's but am weighting to loose this 1 b4 so i dont have to retie the new 1 on...too lazy i know...nah mate didn't try the whiting frames maybe next trip i will

TimD
01-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Rosco what a crack up! Poofter rod.... poofter snaps. LMAO ;D ;D

Tim D the challenge is out .... return serve, can you catch fish on bait without even trying?! ::)

Nice fishing Rosco and crew!

Yeah catching fish on bait is easy, thats why i prefere using lures ;)

I do fish bait sometimes (mostly live bait) especially in the Brissy river. Nothing easier than anchoring, dropping a live mullet or herring over the side and waiting for a big jew or threadfin to grab it. Did i mention this method works well ;D

hey boat hog,when u speak to a plastic fisho its all about working it ,jiggin it, twichin it and pullin it lol

You dont have to be a plastic fisho for that rosco, your always pullin it mate :P

Love it when you talk dirty Rosco.:P

Well done on the snaps mate. It might be Tims captain to blame......You should get him out for a trip and make sure he brings red rock deli chips. Has not brought them out with him recently, about the time we started doing it tough. I need to make peace with my missus who is trying to claim back her space in the deep freezer, which is full of Mac Tuna and jelly beans - courtesy of Tim D's meet and greet latest efforts.;D Reckons they are good bait. I originally bought the freezer for bait, then used plastics more and had a clean out of old prawns, fillets, thawed once pillies and the like.... that's when she moved in ... It's again the bait vs arti competition in more ways than you can imagine.

Scalem

Yeah Brian no Red Rock Deli chips mate untill you start putting us on fish. The mack tuna are definately good for strip bait, you will have to try some next trip offshore. With all this crap weather around mate we are going to have to do a few more bay trips now that ill have a suitable combo for bay Snapper fishing. Seems it's only small squire around offshore, think rosco will have to rename his cat "Squire Magnet".

Dicktracey
01-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Rosco every Snapper that was bought on board on plastics had our Tuna cubes in it's mouth :LMAO:

Bull
01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Well done Rosco on a magic day out on the water.
I was kicking myself for not going out today when your first pic came through at 7.45 this morning.
Nice to see some Dollies in the mix as well.

Cheers Brett

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 07:03 PM
yeah mate we went looking for a few instead of going to the patch.cracker day out there. worse thing is mate where the poofter rod was was where you would of been fishing lol...maybe next weekend mate,hopefully the wind drops for our little blue eye trip on frenzy but not looking good at this stage...got my usual deckie keen for sunday if it comes good...amazing u get a few fish and every bugger wants to come out

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 07:05 PM
think rosco will have to rename his cat "Squire Magnet

i dont mind squire mate least it a good table fish not the shit you catch..only good for bait at best

2IC
01-07-2012, 07:09 PM
nice fish mate,, I was with Bull when you sent through the photos,, not happy:(:(we were sorting out the deck winches & brett gave us nice big bar droppers:D:D for our deep sea trip,,Muddy sent through photos of his fish from 1770 ,,man you guys no how to kill a nice arvo:(:( we are looking at heading out tuesday arvo for a fish out SPB for sunset bite cheers bill

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 07:14 PM
bill you read my mind mate weather is looking good for an arvo session..will see how it goes.what time i finnish work
cheers rosco

TimD
01-07-2012, 07:18 PM
i dont mind squire mate least it a good table fish not the shit you catch..only good for bait at best

Yeah mate those bloody little mack tuna won't leave me alone. Everytime i drop a jig in the water i'm guaranteed to hook one, sometimes even two on the one jig with the twin assist hooks :(

I would certainly prefere two Snapper on the one jig :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

rosco1974
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
gee tim now your gettin ahead of yourself..start slow mate just aim for 1 first then go from there,lol

Axl
01-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Rosco you are a legend mate dont worry about what TIM D says:P now you have hooked up with another cat buddy (Wavedancer) you guys will set the pace. I look forward to reading your next post well done yet agian.

Goodoo haven
02-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Nice catch and feed there. Well done.

thelump
02-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Well done Rosco nice feed of fish. I saw Mick at the servo on Saturday and knew you would be in for a nice morning.

rosco1974
02-07-2012, 05:21 PM
yeah macca he told me he seen ya..how many rum's did you get down the pin sat nite opps i ment bream...he seemed to think you where having a drinkin weekend not fishing by the amount of piss you had stacked away in the boat.was a great day out on the water and mick got onto a few fish himself so was great...my new apprentice(mick) is coming along just fine.is good to take out a mate and show him a few tricks to get him a feed when he heads out with his missus for a fish in there boat
cheers rosco

fisho8
02-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Great feed there Rosco and great conditions All my snaps are caught on bait mate I just muck around with my lures and plastics until the rods with the bait on the go off haha because I have no luck on the arti's. Well done mate.

rosco1974
02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
yeah fisho i normally just deadstick my rod with a plastic on it if it goes of it goes off..i normally just floatline, is a good rush when the fish smacks the pillie and starts takin line 100mph
cheers rosco

wave dancer
03-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Had an absolute great time out on the water with rosco and his mate joey. After being shown how too floatline the right way, it didnt take long at all for fish to start hitting the deck and before we knew it we were all bagged.:2thumbsup: Once again i learnt heaps, had a good laugh with lots of jokes and bantering. Now to pass on what rosco taught me to my deckie (the missus). Hey Axl rosco and i may be cat buddies but i dont discriminate against other boats as long as they are a cat (lol). Only joking mate as long as anyones boat is safe, suites there needs, fishing style and their budget, i take my hat off to them. As rosco said if the weather plays the game on sunday i will be keen for a fish and if my deckie isnt available due to work commitments i will have a spot available. Will put up a post as soon as the decision is made.;D

P.S got to love having four rods out and having all four hooked up at once.;) I also have the exact mark for spot x. :-X:-X:-X:-X
Cheers Mick

bigmac87
03-07-2012, 03:24 PM
nice lookn feed there rosco. well done mate

rosco1974
03-07-2012, 05:59 PM
bloody hell mick i knew you had navionics on your phone but didn't think u would ue it to get my mark mate..if ya had of asked i would of givin it to ya.lol.always a pleasure to have ya aboard mate..bring on bundy i recon
cheers rosco

wave dancer
04-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey rosco, who needs navionics mate, when you were holding up a couple of snapps for a pic and i said you will have to move, that wasnt because the sun was behind you it was because the sounder and gps wasnt in the pic lol ;D. I would never steal any of your marks as i know all i have to do is ask. By the way Reel Cat is off to the shop today to get a new icom radio fitted and once i buy a good sea anchor she is ready to go to Bundy for a extended holiday. The plan will be the same as down here, get a nice feed of table fish then if a trophy fish comes along or we have time to chase one then it will be a bonus. The missus has put her order in for some coral trout and the boat hasnt even left the driveway yet.

Cheers Mick

rosco1974
04-07-2012, 05:37 PM
tell barbie to catch her own bloody fish...oh and it was a dead givaway when u told me to move for the pic to the back of the boat while you where taking foto's of the gps and sounder in the front of the boat.lol..hurry up and get the cat up there so i can go get my first red
cheers rosco