PDA

View Full Version : WARNING....Watercraft mix, USA

predator
30-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Just posting a warning about Watercraft mix in the USA to export your boat.

For the moment DO NOT engage their services!!!!!!!

If you have a boat in transit or about to be packed up, please PM me.

cheers

Wayne :-[

Spaniard_King
30-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Dosn't sound to good Wayne.

What have they done??

predator
30-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi Garry.

I have sent you a PM before I explain fully. I am waiting to hear back from them Monday or Tuesday in case it comes good, just want people to be aware until then..

cheers

Chas & Clarry
30-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes sounds worrying...hope this is going to have a happy ending

predator
01-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Darren(boatboy50), your messages is full

Fenno88
01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh no what happened?

boatboy50
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Hey Mate

Sorry, all cleared.

Darren

Muddy Toes
01-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Doesn't sound too good........they transported my boat and I was nothing but happy with their service.

sid_fishes
02-07-2012, 07:36 AM
that just answered my questions to you anthony

predator
02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
My first shipment 2 years ago was the same.... It was excellent.

Zippidy
02-07-2012, 09:35 AM
What's happened? Last I heard it was up the coast almost here :-(

predator
02-07-2012, 11:43 AM
It is here in Brissy... it has all been processed (customs, fees etc.. done) and is sitting at the docks ready to be picked up, just waiting on the shipper now

Zippidy
02-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Send me your e-mail address. I've got some information for you. Or call me on 0401220202.

TopBhoy
02-07-2012, 05:56 PM
This is a bizarre thread!!!

FisHard
02-07-2012, 11:09 PM
This is a bizarre thread!!!
I agree!
How about giving us the story? If your predicament justifies a thread, then you can at least fill us all in on the whole chain of events that lead to this point.

Muddy Toes
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
I agree!
How about giving us the story? If your predicament justifies a thread, then you can at least fill us all in on the whole chain of events that lead to this point.

Yeah.......it was all exclamation marks and underlined bold text in the first post with a dire warning and then it goes to a might all be good in a couple of days all the mean while the secret squirrel club is in full swing behind the scene.

Sounds like one of those midday housewife soap operas to me.

Boat Hog
03-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Yeah.......it was all exclamation marks and underlined bold text in the first post with a dire warning and then it goes to a might all be good in a couple of days all the mean while the secret squirrel club is in full swing behind the scene.

Sounds like one of those midday housewife soap operas to me.

Nah Anthony, that's the "ooglies of the deep thread" - on every day and if you miss a couple of episodes it doesn't matter cos they haven't gotten anywhere with the story! :P

So what's happened Predator?

Waiting .....

lucee81
03-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Nah Anthony, that's the "ooglies of the deep thread" - on every day and if you miss a couple of episodes it doesn't matter cos they haven't gotten anywhere with the story! :P

So what's happened Predator?

Waiting .....

That could be the funniest thing you've said. And why would you want to miss any episodes of ooglies of the deep???

Zippidy
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
He's waiting to see how the next couple of days pan out.

However, if you have these guys sorting a boat out for you, I would get in touch with him ASAP.

predator
03-07-2012, 05:12 PM
don't heed the warning.....easy.... I have to wait for a reply from watercraft mix

predator
21-08-2012, 06:03 PM
First off, sorry I had this locked but people were pushing for answers that I was not ready to give...it was a warning to be careful.

The short answer is..

The predicament of my boat that I purchased in the USA is as follows.

I bought my boat in Florida from Watercraft mix in late February and paid for it in the first week of March including the freight costs to Australia. They (Watercraft mix) were very quick to answer any and all of my emails until the payment was received. Then I had to really bug them to get answers for my questions and to get relevant paperwork for all this.

Finally I am up to date with paperwork 18th June, a week before it lands in Brisbane and all is good............... or so I thought.

Friday, the day before that it lands (Sat 23rd June) on the docks my Broker rings to tell me that the freight charge still has not been paid for from their end, remembering this is a 31.5 foot boat and 92 cubic meters of charges that I have already paid for, and I am thinking CRAAPPPP. The boat is ready to go and cleared customs and fees paid (but for the freight charge).

My broker tells me I have to pay this to get it off the wharfs or suffer extra huge costs from them for storage and asked me to email Watercraft mix to make the freight payable in Australia.. So Transglobal USA has the release paperwork and won’t make it a “cash collect in Aust” until Watercraft mix tells them to and as usual they aren’t answering emails in a hurry. This I thought was going to take too much time and eventually a heap of storage fees, so I found their (Transglobal/shipper) agent DAZMAC logistics in Sydney and rang Daryl there. He was very helpful and requested from Transglobal in the USA the paperwork required to get it off the port and not accrue the storage fees.

Saturday morning I get an email from Watercraftmix and they “Have to offer to me to pay the freight costs (again) due to financial trouble caused by a staff member and that they promise to pay me back within 6 months” (yeah right). Then they are trying to query the price with me that I had to pay ‘their’ shipper and the US/AU conversion rate charged which is between watercraft mix and their shipper. I was held to ‘ransom’ and had no choice but to pay this or suffer ongoing port storage costs.

After a another few days I tested them out and offered them to pay a goodwill payment and monthly payments but this was ignored.

Total I (my bank) had to pay again for freight is $13600 and now I have to try to recoup the money including the interest incurred back off Watercraftmix. This is in the hands of Law enforcement and other agencies/avenues in the USA, as they are ignoring my emails again.

Just trying to prevent fellow Ausfishers from getting caught out with this company.

I know people are going to say I took the chance, but it still does not make it right, what they have done.

Thanks to Lucky Phil for understanding my predicament and locking and the opening again of this thread.

Will I recommend or use Watercraft mix again….. NEVER!

Muddy Toes
21-08-2012, 07:26 PM
So who was your customs broker over here that failed to do his bit of due diligence?

WalrusLike
21-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Jeez mate sorry to hear of this. I hope they come good for you. I think it's good that you did all you reasonably could to protect fellow Ausfishers. It's a tricky minefield sometimes....

Best of luck with it.... I hope the joy of the new boat overcomes this bad bit for you.

predator
21-08-2012, 07:58 PM
So who was your customs broker over here that failed to do his bit of due diligence?

It wasn't his fault... If it wasn't for my broker and Dazmac Logistics it would still be sitting at the docks or at the auctions. We had the BOL and all the relevant paperwork required (eventually) from when they dropped it off at the shipper. Apparently Watercraft mix runs an account with the shipper who put a hold on their account.

3rd degree
21-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Bloody Hell thats a rough story Predator, I hope you get your money back pronto without having to outlay anymore.

What sort of half baked organization asks you to pay again due to financial whatever due to their staffs error? Talk about dodgy...

Cheers
Jim

Muddy Toes
21-08-2012, 08:13 PM
It wasn't his fault... If it wasn't for my broker and Dazmac Logistics it would still be sitting at the docks or at the auctions. We had the BOL and all the relevant paperwork required (eventually) from when they dropped it off at the shipper. Apparently Watercraft mix runs an account with the shipper who put a hold on their account.

I know what your saying mate but wouldn't you think your broker should have checked that all things were in place prior to it landing.When I bought mine over my broker was lazy as all he'll and didn't want to do anything but I kept harrassing him to check everything so I didn't run in to a similar situation and as it turns out it was all good, I'm glad I did as I shipped with watercraft mix too.You live and learn I guess.

LittleSkipper
21-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Would be nice to see the vessel after all the drama?

Zippidy
21-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I've taken 4 phone calls over the last 2 weeks with everyone having issues with them over the last couple of months. The bloke I spoke to today, it took something like 6 months for it to arrive and he got it a couple of weeks ago

Watercraft Mix have offered to pay the money back, but not for 6 MONTHS! There was a payment plan offered of 6 monthly payments and they knocked it back.

As was advised earlier on, Predator bought a boat through them a couple of years ago and had no issues whatsoever. it's only recently that they've gone dodgy.

Zippidy
21-08-2012, 09:45 PM

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/zigkd.jpg

WalrusLike
21-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Big drama, but little picture..... :)

Zippidy
21-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Yeh, sorry mate, will try put some proper ones up later on.

robo55
22-08-2012, 06:34 AM
???????????????????

sharkcat one
22-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi Guys,

Don't enter into a payment contract to get your money back. Do it as all or nothing, because once you enter into a civil contract the police cannot do anything about it if they fail to meet their payments . You have to then take them to small claims court. ( and they will cry poor and pay you $10 a week ) .

But if you leave it as a whole payment and they do not pay then the police can get involved , because you haven't entered into a personal agreement .

Demand the money now because if you agree to them paying you in 6 months it is then a personal agreement and you will not get your money back . The law cannot help you if you enter into a personal agreement. You have to take it to small claims court if you do.

I should know as I have been through this before.

Cheers.

predator
22-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I know what your saying mate but wouldn't you think your broker should have checked that all things were in place prior to it landing.When I bought mine over my broker was lazy as all he'll and didn't want to do anything but I kept harrassing him to check everything so I didn't run in to a similar situation and as it turns out it was all good, I'm glad I did as I shipped with watercraft mix too.You live and learn I guess.

Remember, this is the second time I have used them and the first was the same as yours....all good and I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

It was on the boat coming to Australia, wouldn't one think the freight would have had to of been paid before it was loaded onto a ship. As stated they ran an account and it was frozen. My broker did find out it wasn't paid for before it landed, this is 100% Watercraft mix's fault and maybe a little of mine for trusting them a second time.

Ring your Broker and see if he asked if the freight had been paid once it was on the ship and it was nearly here....I doubt it.

cheers

predator
22-08-2012, 12:02 PM

Hi Skip.
its a searay290 amberjack. Just need to sort out a couple of small issues and it is a great boat. I thought I may have had to sell due to this drama, but hopefully I have/can source a private mooring and get it out of the marina and remove the add.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2001-Sea-Ray-290-Amberjack-Sports-Fishing-AIRCON-HEATER-GEN-extras-trades-/261078276188?pt=AU_Boats&hash=item3cc97a585c

Taken on a rainy day at the marina...

Cheers

Muddy Toes
22-08-2012, 12:04 PM
That is a bit strange that they took the cargo before they got paid.......must of had a pretty good relationship with the shipper.Please don't think I'm having a dig mate.....I'm just trying to fathom how this all happened so it doesn't happen to me as I'm looking to bring a car over soon.I actually did get my broker to check if the shipping line had indeed been paid as well as making sure my insurance was really paid up as well as other things......I had too much of my hard earned invested to take their word for it.Best of luck with the rest of your ordeal.

predator
22-08-2012, 12:10 PM
No dramas Muddy.

for a car try this guy my mate has used for a couple to come over...

cheers

Joey Smit
Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. - LOS ANGELES - SAN FRANCISCO - HOUSTON - MIAMI - SAVANNAH - NEW YORK
Corporate Address: 550 W 135th St, Gardena, CA 90248 - USA
Tel: 562 370-8257 (tel:562%C2%A0370-8257) - Fax: 562 408-6636 (tel:562%20408-6636)
E - Mail: joey@sclusa.com Website: www.sclusa.com (http://www.sclusa.com)

Muddy Toes
22-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Ummmmmmm.....decisions decisions.....F250, Ram,Sierra or a Silverado.

lucee81
22-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Suzuki Sierra??! Have they gotten bigger.
With all this American crap your buying why not move there.

fish'n'chippy
22-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Wayne
I was gutted for you when you explained your issues to me,
but I thank you for informing me and also re opening this thread for everyone to be aware of what is going on
I was intending to use them, but I ended up using the same bloke here in OZ that I used last time and it will work out cheaper as RORO than using them as containerized freight
Thanks again and I hope you get back every cent!
(might be worth a plane ticket to sort it out....I know I would)
Good luck

G

predator
22-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks Grahame, enjoy your new boat, I'm sure it will serve you well!

If this thread helped at least one person from going through this, it has done a good thing.

Thanks heaps for your wishes.

cheers

Noelm
22-08-2012, 01:21 PM
I guess in a bizarre sort of way things like this are a good thing to have out in the open, it allows potential OS buyers to see that regardless of how much you plan and so on, sh!t can happen, be aware and try to best cover all your bases.

nigelr
22-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Nice vessel predator, really hope it all turns out as it was supposed to.
I can only imagine how frustrating and infuriating the situation must be.

myusernam
22-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi Skip.
its a searay290 amberjack. Just need to sort out a couple of small issues and it is a great boat. I thought I may have had to sell due to this drama, but hopefully I have/can source a private mooring and get it out of the marina and remove the add.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2001-Sea-Ray-290-Amberjack-Sports-Fishing-AIRCON-HEATER-GEN-extras-trades-/261078276188?pt=AU_Boats&hash=item3cc97a585c

Taken on a rainy day at the marina...

Cheers

Can I ask why you are selling? There seems to be a lot of boats that get sold not long after people import them...

PinHead
22-08-2012, 04:17 PM
amazing how most of those yank boats all have almost identical layouts in similar size range.

Did you get it with 240V ac on board????

FisHard
22-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear its panned out so badly. I can only add to the comments here to say I hope you get the cash back and asap.
I apologise for my earlier remarks concerning your post.
I had "issues" with a boat dealer in the US, so I can understand your frustration. I wouldn't say never, but I doubt I would go throw the hassle and risk of a big $$$ purchase o/s.
Good Luck!

predator
22-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I guess in a bizarre sort of way things like this are a good thing to have out in the open, it allows potential OS buyers to see that regardless of how much you plan and so on, sh!t can happen, be aware and try to best cover all your bases.

Exactly Noel, doesn't matter how much research you do, you can still get burnt in some way. It may not be on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd occasion that it does, but the odds are shortening.

Cheers

predator
22-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Can I ask why you are selling? There seems to be a lot of boats that get sold not long after people import them...

Due to the extra money ($13600) I had to find in a hurry... But I think I may have found a cheap private mooring down the coast.

"hopefully I have/can source a private mooring and get it out of the marina and remove the add"

Cheers

predator
22-08-2012, 06:09 PM
amazing how most of those yank boats all have almost identical layouts in similar size range.

Did you get it with 240V ac on board????

These are a big boat inside compared to others of the same size according to all reports.

It only has 110 volts (Gen). I wont be staying at the mooring on it, so it will get shore power to the battery charger only which is made to take Aussie power supply. The air/heat, hot water and microwave (these are the 110v items) will be used with the Gen out on the water.

cheers

Jarrah Jack
22-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Have you sent Watercraft Mix a link to this thread? May be worthwhile letting them know that the biggest boating forum in Oz is taking notice. I won't be going near them when I import my next boat.

Zippidy
22-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I have just tried calling them. It's 8.15am there at the moment, so didn't get through. I'll have a crack in an hour or so.

predator
23-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Have you sent Watercraft Mix a link to this thread? May be worthwhile letting them know that the biggest boating forum in Oz is taking notice. I won't be going near them when I import my next boat.

Not as yet...but I have threatened them with the internet and suddenly they have started to communicate again...I will delay it for a week and see what happens.

cheers

mustang5
16-09-2012, 09:47 PM
How is the saga going?

I'm really saddened to hear this, not only for your sakes as I can't imagine how frustrating it is for you, but also for the fact i was half way through booking the next boat transport through them when I first read this.

Hope it all pans out for you.

predator
18-09-2012, 06:58 PM
How is the saga going?

I'm really saddened to hear this, not only for your sakes as I can't imagine how frustrating it is for you, but also for the fact i was half way through booking the next boat transport through them when I first read this.

Hope it all pans out for you.

They are ignoring emails and contact attempts from a USA government department. I have been issued a claim form to fill out and I can claim from a bond they hare holding.

Hopefully this will get my money back.

cheers

cormorant
06-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Noticed this as I have a search for shaft drive. Weird way to advertise a boat.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130777487697&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123

WalrusLike
06-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Noticed this as I have a search for shaft drive. Weird way to advertise a boat.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130777487697&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123

WTF?? Is that an add for the miracle fuel polarizer or a add for a boat? Is it someone trying to get out of a contract with the insolvent transport company? I don't get it at all.....

BM
06-10-2012, 07:49 AM
The way I read it was a smoke and mirrors attempt to disguise the fact that its running a big thirsty pair of 7.4L big block Chevs.

He claims fuel economy consistent with a Diesel engine of same HP! Yeah, good luck with that claim and that could be tough to defend in court.

The company is an Aus registered company. Reg in Dec 2011. Previously he set up Global Marine Solutions in 2009.

Written by an Aussie going by the way it's written and the words used but certainly got a heavy Yank "waffle" slant.

Seems to me to be genuine enough, he's looking for a buyer before or during transit. Smart move really. A buyer now at a slightly lower dollar is better than arriving with no buyer.

Trophy
08-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Just wondering how it's panning out for you ? Any joy yet? My boat arrived in Brisbane 2 weeks ago from Watercraftmix only to find the freight has not been paid as well. I was in the same predictament as you. I had to pay for the shipping again also $1075 for 5 days storage at the port. I was wondering if you could give me some advise, apart from don't use Watercraftmix again.
Cheers Peter

predator
08-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi Peter.

Sorry to hear they have also done this to you.

I did receive all but $400 of my money (via cheque) from a Bond company in the USA a couple of weeks ago due to exchange rates etc, better than losing nearly 14 grand.

I will forward you the contact details of the people who I was dealing with. It took over 6 months to get my money back and Watercraft mix thought they were doing me a favor in paying it.... Hopefully the contacts will come good for you also, its not a good feeling.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything.....GOOD LUCK!

my v16c
08-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Glad to hear you got the majority of your money back Predator.....you must be relieved.
Cheers ;D My V16C

Trophy
10-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi Wayne

Thanks for all the info, hopefully I can get a happy outcome in less than six months. Chris has also offered to do what he can, just can't thank you guys enogh. Great news to hear that you got most of your money back, I will let you know how its going every few weeks.
Cheers Peter