PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki DF140 cannot tilt up

LoungeLizard
30-06-2012, 09:35 AM
So, all the fishing planets lined up - perfect weather, water like glass, etc. Got to the ramp, went to tilt the Zuke up to get it off rests (lever with tabs) ... nothing. Tilt down a bit ... yup that works. Tilt up again, nothing. Tried the button on the motor and throttle, same thing. Farking hell >:(

I put the boat back on the trailer, got it out of the water, fiddled with whatever I can see, including the switch near the trim/tilt units (I presume this is to activate the trim unit). After a bit the tilt up suddenly starts working. Great!! As a test I tilted right up, lowered the rests, tilted back down. Same thing! Cannot tilt up again. Fiddled again with everything, no joy this time. No option but the tow the boat home. Grrrrr.

OK, so where do I start looking? I think it has to do with an internal switch that prevents tilt in the up direction. Tilt down always work so it doesn't look like the electric motor. I haven't had any issues with trim unit either

frankgrimes
30-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Check out this thread: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?175318-trim-and-tilt-problem

Maybe trim motor dodgy?

Mick

LoungeLizard
30-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Found the "problem"!! There is an adjustable switch for the end of travel. See attached pic. I'm pissed off that I didn't see this at the ramp, but glad that it's such a easy fix. Live and learn, I guess :) I hope this will be helpful to someone else