PDA

View Full Version : 1770

copie
28-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi all doing a drive up to 1770 from brisbane just to have a look around. Do I turn off the highway at Miriam Vale appears to be the closest highway town. Also what is the driving time approx. not towing the boat this time.

Thanks Mark

fishfeeder
28-06-2012, 01:08 PM
If your going I would take the boat and do some fishing while your there....

Lucky_Phill
28-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Driving time can vary, mainly due to roadworks.

From Calamvale to 1770 is about 535k's. Towing a boat, an easy 7 hours, but less if no holdups or stops.

Many ways to get there...

Via Miriam Vale is OK.

Via Childers....onto Goodwood road and through Bundaberg

or after Childers, turn off at Appletree Creek and go via Bundaberg.

or....... all the way up the highway and turn off onto the Lowmead Rd.

Up to you. there is about 40k's difference from shortest to longest route.

cheers LP

Muddy Toes
28-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Going for a drive up to 1770 without the boat just for a look around on a weekend when the weather isn't going to be too bad.

What the hell does this even mean?

clevelandv8
28-06-2012, 03:59 PM
go through bundaberg, lots of roadworks through miriam.... well there was not long ago.

Greg P
28-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Driving time can vary, mainly due to roadworks.

From Calamvale to 1770 is about 535k's. Towing a boat, an easy 7 hours, but less if no holdups or stops.

Many ways to get there...

Via Miriam Vale is OK.

Via Childers....onto Goodwood road and through Bundaberg

or after Childers, turn off at Appletree Creek and go via Bundaberg.

or....... all the way up the highway and turn off onto the Lowmead Rd.

Up to you. there is about 40k's difference from shortest to longest route.

cheers LP

They would be the first directions I have seen from you that don't revolve around departing bottle shop X then travel xx Km's and arrive at pub X ;D;D:P

Lucky_Phill
28-06-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't drink all the time you know :P

But if ya interested

start here......... 27*36'40.42"................153*07'29.96"

arrive here........ 24*10'05.39".................151*52'55.58"

538.5k's from start to finish.

and with a short stop at 24*45'48.86"..............152*09'13.34" :) :) :)

LP

wags on the water
28-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Going for a drive up to 1770 without the boat just for a look around on a weekend when the weather isn't going to be too bad.

What the hell does this even mean?

You are clearly off your meds.........

copie
28-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys for pointing out so clearly that something is wrong with me with me with me for not taking the boat, but this will just be quick trip to have a look for later on. Hoping the family will like the place. I have only been there once before myself many years ago before the roads were bitumen and that was a pretty rough trip in.
From the reports so far it appears going through bundy is prefered is this for the scenery or roads.
Oh and when taking the boat up which would be the prefered route.

Thanks again Mark Mark Mark

Lucky_Phill
28-06-2012, 08:55 PM
prefered route is up to you.

Via Bundaberg used to be shorter in distance, but the road out of Fairymead was rough for about 5 - 10 k's and this has been addressed to some extent. The road from Avondale to the Lowmead / Baffle creek turnoff is narrow and " average ". From there to Agnes is good.

Via Miriam Vale you'll have to contend with road works, but as off 4 weeks ago, most has been cleared up.

Here's a plan for you.

Head north and stop just before Gympie ( Matilda or Gold Nugget ) for a break / snack. Continue to either Appletree Creek ( Childers ) or Gin Gin for the next break. Then turn off at Miriam Vale into Agnes / 1770. On your return trip, head home via the Bundaberg route.

Use the RACQ trip planner to have a look at these routes ( RACQ website ).

This way you can decide the best route to tow the boat up with.

Drop into the PRD reality office and speak to Michelle about Holiday accomodation and tell her you are an Ausfish member. Some holiday houses have steep driveways and are unsuitable for larger boats.

anything else, just holla !!!!

LP

Giffo65
28-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Copie

I live in Bundy, and as Phil said,turn off just before Childers at Lucketts rd (look for Mammino ice cream sign ) and onto Goodwood road,then lowmead road North off Bundy,it is a bit bouncy for a few Ks then gets better after that.Take the boat or you will be kicking yourself,you would rather be looking at it, than looking for it !

wags on the water
29-06-2012, 05:11 AM
I'd be checking the forecast before dragging an extra 2T of boat 600 odd kms north just for a look. Wasted money in my opinion - or maybe money DOES grow on trees.

sambos
29-06-2012, 07:08 AM
hey guys I reckon the bundy way is the best trip.Pull up at the Avondale pub for a beer because apparently the Agnes pub is closed.

Mr Squiggles
02-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I'll be at Wreck Rock Camp Ground , just Sth of Agnes from 7/7 - 13/7. Blue Cruiser 'tilly. Drop in for a refresher if your up that way. And Sambo, I heard the same thing about the Agnes pub. It always seemed to be trading OK when I was there. (No reading between the lines there either)::)

fishfeeder
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Copie, If you went for a look I bet your kicking yourself you never took the boat up..... Conditions were perfect !!

ozynorts
07-07-2012, 09:28 PM
boys the pub is open in Agnes so no stress there. I was there today.
If you are coming up this way and want/need a deckie let me know. Always keen for a fish.

Spin
08-07-2012, 11:39 AM
You can also go trough Childers head for Bundy and go across cedars rd to south kolan where you come out at the south kolan (pub)
go straight ahead towards Bucca tun right just before Bucca (pub) and come out at Rosedale rd
Turn left not far from Avondale 5ks form the (pub)
But there is a steep hill on the other side of the Burnett river at cedars crossing that might be hard for bigger boats?
Oh and make sure to fill tank at Apple tree creek if you are doing it at night
There is no fuel after hours until 1770.
I would go that way if it were me
(there is no worries the road is fine )
Don't blame me if you get lost

copie
08-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Well went for the look and yes the weather was nice, clear sunny and little wind. Went up the highway turned off at Apple Tree Creek through Bundy and onto 1770. Came home 1770 to Miriam Vale and straight down the highway, exellent run home much better roads and wider towing the boat thats the only way for me.
Great place with beautiful views just a little difficult for accommodation with a largr trailer boats and stll be close to the ramp/bay area.

Mark