PDA

View Full Version : Price Check - LED Trailer lights, prewired

Scott79
28-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Looking at getting a set of the Narva LED Trailer lights, the ones prewired with 9m or so of cable.
Best I can find is $120 delivered - anyone know of a better price anywhere? I recall reading an old thread, Repco were doing them for $80, went in locally and didn't have much luck, without even getting to the price::).

Thanks,
Scott.

Gon Fishun
28-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Get onto Fleabay mate. There is quite a lot to choose from.
I bought a set of submersible with 9m leads delivered for $80.
Cheers.
PS they weren't Narva but have been dunked in salt water a lot and are standing up to it.

Malcolm W
28-06-2012, 04:42 PM
$99.90 at whitworths LED Submersible Trailer Lamp Kit
SKU: 90197N 9m cable. Quality does seem to vary with the amount of leds Vs price.
Bought these a few months ago and they seem to be ok so far.

fez
28-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Got the Narvas on my trailer can't fault them. My last trailer had them for three years, this trailer nearly two, never an issue with either set. Do it once do it properly, I contemplated going with another (cheaper) brand when this boat came along but in the end stuck with what I knew.

fez

johncar
28-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Probar at Caboolture have them either in a kit or singarly left and right, same price pretty sure. They will post items as well.

http://www.probar.net.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=1114

http://www.probar.net.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=1115

deckie
29-06-2012, 02:47 AM
I think i musta been the guinea pig for these damn things over the yrs. Had Narva/Trojan returned on warranty and one other piece of shyt i cant rremember fail, but thankfully they've got better the last 5-10 yrs. Yes Yes i know what you;re thinking, silly bugga didnt do proper w/proof connections or didnt have one piece wiring thru to tow bar...not the case.
Latest ones were from a popular fleabay sellerr (9m prewiring) and havent given up the ghost yet, but you tend to hear people saying "brilliant ! Work perfectly !! etc but then u find out they've only had them 2 or 3 yrs...not the sort of thing u want to be replacing at 100 bux a pop every few yrs (PIA factor + cash).

LED's on trailers look great, but in all seriousness offer nothing more than the old bulbs unless properly sealed for dunking...which means buying something proven...otherwiase tech for tech sake nothing more, even then its a lottery if they last.. Its not as tho u need 10,000 hrs life is it ? Some kid will kick the footy into them and smash em, or u will pass away at 110yo well before that. Not as tho u care if they draw 1 amp less off the tow vehicle batt when motor is on yeah ? Not as tho u care if they're slightly brighter when facing backwards is there?..noone has run up my arse when using bulbs. In fact LED must be replaced totally even if one part goes the lot is gone... a nice bonus for manufacturers rather than us. No replacing a single bulb, its the LOT + wiring.

Better now apparantly tho...but i still hate the bloody things with a passion. Got sick of em but hey..i;m STILL dunking them.

Why people are too lazy these days to simply kick a small lever and remove each led/bulb light from their gal bracket and put in boot is beyond me...used to be the norm and its foolproof. Classic modern age where people would rather throw money on tech and LOOK the part rather than just spend 20 secs taking them off when they already need to take off tie downs etc...if only they made automatic type tie downs we'd spend $300 on those too. Yes i'm a hypocrite coz i do it too...also being removeable from their bracket means the bastard theives cant get them, plus can take them off if u park on nature strip/out front. No bastard thief carries their own trailer lights when out looking to steal a rig and its as good a deterrent as any other for him to look elsewhere after a glance...i imagine they'd prefer not to drive away with no lights/rego plate and cops on the road looking for just that.

Should be able to get a prewired dunkable led's that last for maybe $80-100. Hate the bloody things but i'm probably lazier than all of you put together ;D

Scott79
29-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks All.
Had a look at the wee-bay ones, but difficult to find what I was after exactly.
Those Trojan ones from Probar ones look OK John, but close enough to the same proice as the Narva's at Whitworths, so I will probably just go that way.

Good point about not having to replace the lot with the old bulbs Deckie, shouldn't be a problem though if the LED ones are sealed properly from the factory. Not too sure how many LED's can 'fail' before deemed unroadworthy, surely if there were a dozen or so working LEDs and one or 2 arent working it should still be OK, but maybe not.

Thanks,
Scott.