PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Buss

nowornever1972
24-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Has anyone fished the buss up the inside of morton? Any good?

uripper
24-06-2012, 07:59 PM
..... the buss up the inside of morton?

what is this location please?
MalM

Jeremy
01-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I have marks for a bus near Bulwer which I found on a dive site, but I have scoured the area and never found anything which looks like a bus. Few bits and pieces of coffee rock in the area tho.

Jeremy
01-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Guess he isn't gunna see my reply now that he has been banned.

tunaticer
01-07-2012, 06:04 PM
It is actually a Kombivan sunk back in the 80's. I have dived it back then and it was well encrusted then, probably all but gone now I would expect.
South of the Bulwer wrecks about 700m and was in about 14-18m of water off memory.
It is a training openwater dive site used by what used to be Brisbane Dive Systems and Peninsula Dive Centre.
Was a haven for firefish and small cod from memory.

nowornever1972
08-07-2012, 07:50 PM
im not banned, yes I saw your reply lol Thanks I heard there was Reds there.........

Horse
08-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Not much there now. The general area has outcrops of Coffee Rock and is near the edge of thge dropoff. i have pulled a few Squire and Cod from the area but there is better structure not too far away

Terry75
09-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Ok not giving out the marks but am happy to point you in the right direction you head to harries and sound around about 1km north you will come along a nice large long hump . I was told by a guy who had dived it that it appeared to be heap of old buss and car parts and pieces to me when sounded over appeared more like a couple of shipping containers with 3 pinnacles coming up from each one cant really say as I only fish and dont dive. As for reds never caught one there myself but good quality snapper parrot and mackeral have not been there for years as i now live up the coast.

Happy hunting