PDA

View Full Version : Saturday arvo all calm at the Cape ( snapper vid)

tenzing
23-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Managed an afternoon out at the cape .
Tim picked up a couple of nice fish ( wish I could say the same for me!)
Thought you might enjoy the bend in his 15 to 30 rod.
Conditions were great, surprisingly it was ultra quiet out.
Cheers
Brendan

http://youtu.be/XKGuQmJKZdk

Tim Hutchison
24-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks Brendan had a great day

Dicktracey
24-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Well done guys some quality fish :)

marto78
24-06-2012, 09:30 AM
That snapper looks like it has been using its head to stop a cricket bat. FUGLY little fella.

No Fear
24-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Good stuff. We were just going to take my boat for a quick squirt yesterday with a couple of light spin rods. Left Sandgate at lunchtime and ended up around the cape in really good conditions. Ended up with half a dozen snapper at deep tempest around 45cm but I reckon early morning session would have seen results like yours. We were the only boat out there as well so guessing the forecast scared everyone off.
Also, seen half a dozen big humpbacks which is the first time for me this season. They seem to want to come and have a look at my new cat as well....either that or they were trying to eat my chirp transducer!!!!
There's so ripper snaps in there Brendan. This season continues to be a cracker!!!
Thanks for the report!

tenzing
24-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Yep, we were trailing a sea anchor and two large humpbacks dived down a few meters in front of us and surfaced about 20m the other side of the boat. Sure had the sphincter in full pucker!!
Marto I was going to make a comment about the rough looking head but didnt want to offend.(sorry Timmy)

rosco1974
24-06-2012, 04:20 PM
great fish fellas well done