PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Wide Sat 16th

Back In Black
16-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Fished wide today for a mixed bag of hussar, pearlies, snapper to 3 kg (Junas of course !!), cod, tusk fish & a pigfish. Fairly calm conditions considering earlier in the week,
Tony

Redhunter
17-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi tony plenty of hussar there,the old saying were the hussar hang the reds hang.

steve

Spectre
17-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi Tony

A very nice catch indeed....lotsa colour there & some sweet eating fish.!!!
Happy days mate !!!

Cheers
Phil

thelump
17-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Tasty feed there mate. Well done

Back In Black
18-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Redhunter- I was told after I got back in exactly what you said, where there is hussar there are reds. I was told I should have butterflied a hussar & sent him back down. What the hell is a butterfly????????
Spectre- she is a colourful picture! Whats everyones thoughts on pigfish, as I have never tasted one?
The lump- tasty doesn't quite do it! Juna caught the biggest snapper a 3kg, a habit she is getting a bit too good at. She bbq"d it last night in foil. Filled it with a concoction of soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, chilli, shallots & a few other things. She cut the skin both sides & rubbed coarse salt into the cuts & cooked it for 15 minutes each side. Unbelievably tasty. I have always thought snapper was a bit over rated, preferring a good tusk fish over it, but after last nights effort, I am going to seriouslky start targeting those babies. Fed 7 of us beautifully!
Tony

fishfeeder
18-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Top catch and now you have made me hungry... OH and a butterfly is an insect !!
Or you could have filleted the Hussar from the tail back on both sides, then pull out the backbone but leave the head on... stick a couple of hooks in it and send it back down to the bottom and hang on....

Cheers
Brett

Back In Black
18-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Fishfeeder- you fillet back toward the pectorals & the cut out the spine & tail? I use a snell type arrangent with 2- 3 hooks usually. Do you put the hooks through both fillets keeping them together or do you put a hook in each, keeping them separated?
Thanks,
Tony

fishfeeder
18-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I snell 3 hooks, Top one through the eyes and the second one about where you cut the backbone out, I go through the skin and back out the same side so the hook lays flat along the fish and the bottom hook goes through one of the fillets on the inside so the point is sticking out through the skin.... both the fillets should move around in the current...
Well that's how I do it and I am sure others have there own way of going about it.

Back In Black
18-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Makes perfect sense. So next time we are on the hussar, I'll use your method & if it doesn't work, I will want to know why the hell not!!!!
Thanks Fishfeeder,
Tony