PDA

View Full Version : friday arvo snapper sesh cape moreton

tinsanity
16-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Headed out to cape moreton from cleveland yesterday afternoon.got to our destination around 3pm deployed some hardbodys for a troll to find the mack tuna as thick as ive ever seen them for the 4th trip in a row.couldnt troll for longer than a couple of minutes before scoring multiple hook ups so we gave up on that and floated some pilly and gar baits down through some good shows and scored 4 snapper between 75 and 85cm,1 squire round 55cm, a yellowfin tuna and a 13kilo cobes caught all between 3.30-5.30pm.cobes came on a whole gar,snapper all on pillys except 1 that was caught on 7 inch nuclear chicken.swell was still up a bit when we first arrived but dropped quite quickly within a couple of hours,no wind to speak of.also the cobia had strapping tape around its head as you can see in the pic it had been on it for some length of time as it had a wound on its head from it rubbing any ideas?

capt
16-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Maybe he stuck his head in a bag and ate what ever the tape was rapped around. Those Cobia will eat anything !

Looks like a great session considering the conditions over the last week . Nice work boys !

cheers Jimmy

mull dog
16-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Nice session and photos mate. is that boat a rebel? if so how does she go?

snapperbug
16-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Nice fish fellas.

I reckon all fish should come with a handle like that, makes holding them up for the photo a bit easier.

That snapper in the last picture looked like he quite enjoyed being held up for the photo...judging by what he left on your jumper, he he.

Conditions look bloody awesome and good to see some nice lumpy snapper getting caught, can't wait to get out there myself.

Pete

Back In Black
17-06-2012, 07:25 AM
What a brilliant session guys!!!! Great post & pics.
Tony

netmaker
17-06-2012, 08:38 AM
tooth ache? thats a great couple of hour sesh. well done.

netmaker
17-06-2012, 08:48 AM
also reminds me of a near death experience i had 25 years ago at princess charlotte bay involving a 10-11 foot bronze whaler that had a rope collar that trailed 8 foot long behind it. it had been on that long that you could see skin growing over the rope in places.

Dicktracey
17-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Good catch guys we had a full esky and probably passed you as we headed in about 2 as we had abig day planned sat, thought about staying out but didn't think the mrs would be impressed being left at home on sat ;)

tinsanity
17-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Boat is a 7.6m stingray, awesome tinny

tinsanity
17-06-2012, 09:47 AM
What boat were you guys in?theres definitely some getting round in the shallows at the moment

outwide1
17-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Hey Dicktracey,where did you get the filleting table?
I saw them advertised in Bush &Beach and contacted the supplier but they couldn't supply due to them being the wholesaler.
How did you pay for it??
Cheers Mick.

Dicktracey
17-06-2012, 07:27 PM
What boat were you guys in?theres definitely some getting round in the shallows at the moment
Black and white 552X Evolution With Black Bimi mate, we headed back in at same time as the big twin hull Bucketlist charter boat went through sat on his wake for a bit ;)

Have fished that area for a while now with good results would love to catch up for a beer and compare notes and theory's one day.

Mick, the boys at The Tackleshop Carselidine I think they have one left mate about $160 i think :) worth every cent
cheers
Dick

FINICKY
17-06-2012, 08:18 PM
What sort of depth were the big fellas in? Planning a mid week trip.

tinsanity
18-06-2012, 05:13 AM
What sort of depth were the big fellas in? Planning a mid week trip.

30metres mate find the shows with high concentrations of bait midwater and if you see batfish under the boat your in the right area 😉

tinsanity
18-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Black and white 552X Evolution With Black Bimi mate, we headed back in at same time as the big twin hull Bucketlist charter boat went through sat on his wake for a bit ;)

Have fished that area for a while now with good results would love to catch up for a beer and compare notes and theory's one day.

Mick, the boys at The Tackleshop Carselidine I think they have one left mate about $160 i think :) worth every cent
cheers
Dick
Yeh mate sounds good,we have noticed that they completely shut down once the sun disappears.i will post the pics from the last few trips just haven't had a chance to put em up yet

madmackrel
18-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Good session there boys, some nice fish.

FINICKY
18-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the advice. Fingers crossed.