PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Leccy over anchor well??

Splash
15-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Thinking of mounting the leccy over the anchor well.

I will only be lure fishing for barra and have the current i-pilot with auto-lock functionality.

I probably will never use the anchor...

Your thoughts?

Splash

Si
15-06-2012, 09:27 PM
mmmm, probably not a good idea imo. The anchor is very important part of your boat and may be needed quickly in case of emergency.

Chas & Clarry
15-06-2012, 10:06 PM
I think Si is right...even though we haven't used our anchor even once while actually fishing since getting the ipilot, we have still used it when pulled up to a beach or bank, and definitely have had it in mind as a safety feature...and definitely will still do some night time bait fishing so likely to use it from time to time...why limit your options by putting it there if you don't need to?

Tim

Splash
15-06-2012, 10:12 PM
ok - thanks for the reality check guys.

i'll be mounting it portside of anchor well - question is - should it be orientated along gunnell or straight down the centre when not in use?

How far should it overhang bow?

SPlash

Chas & Clarry
15-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Ours sits along the gunnel...that way it isn't in the way if you are drift fishing without deploying it.

Tim and Trace

Edit...LOL just noticed that the anchor is out in one of the photos :)

Splash
15-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks Tim.

How close do you have your leccy to the centre?

Does it pose issues for not being exactly on centre (in terms of steering, etc)?

I see your rods in the second photo - your recs to store rods safely in these boats?

SPlash

TheRealAndy
15-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I am going to photo my boat tomorrow to sell. I will post pics of my electric motor mount. Stop farking around, just bolt it on and go fishing!!!!! When I put mine on, I could not find bolts (had to fish the jack off next day) so I used eye bolts from the local B C F!!

Lancair
15-06-2012, 10:49 PM
My old tinny had the leccy mounted off centre, didnt make a lot of difference IMO.

Splash
15-06-2012, 11:00 PM
great idea on the eye bolts.

The boat is coming back monday with the new motor installed.

Splash

Chas & Clarry
15-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks Tim.

How close do you have your leccy to the centre?

Does it pose issues for not being exactly on centre (in terms of steering, etc)?

I see your rods in the second photo - your recs to store rods safely in these boats?

SPlash

Mate those photos are from our first or second trip out in that boat, we hadn't "personalised" it at all at that stage. We now have a bank of 5 rod holders on the front of the console and the rods that are not in use sit in them, rather than just lying down as in the photo.

Off centre poses no issues.