PDA

View Full Version : Boyne tannum hook up

bigjudge
14-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Can anyone tell me how the boyne/tannum hook up went and was it good/bad weather,

Bouttime
14-06-2012, 07:23 PM
The weather outside was not that flash from a few blokes i talked to.One mate i spoke to went out in an 8 meter cat and was faced with 5 meter waves breaking at the top.Had to run in reverse just to stay on the spot.Bit mad for me.Our crew spent a few days at the top end of Curtis chaising Barra and Jacks.A few of the guys went for a troll for a spanyards around Hummicky but was very,very very rough.Even in the resonably shelted waters at Keppel Rocks i had close to 2 meters which is not that flash in a 4.5m tinnie.Great weekend as always but next year we may be blessed with better weather as it will be the May day long weekend instead.

SUPERDAFF
14-06-2012, 11:12 PM
The weather outside was not that flash from a few blokes i talked to.One mate i spoke to went out in an 8 meter cat and was faced with 5 meter waves breaking at the top.Had to run in reverse just to stay on the spot.Bit mad for me.Our crew spent a few days at the top end of Curtis chaising Barra and Jacks.A few of the guys went for a troll for a spanyards around Hummicky but was very,very very rough.Even in the resonably shelted waters at Keppel Rocks i had close to 2 meters which is not that flash in a 4.5m tinnie.Great weekend as always but next year we may be blessed with better weather as it will be the May day long weekend instead.

A picture is worth 1,000 words, so here's a pretty good description. Tournament organisation just as superb as usual. Massive crowds and pretty mild weather for the evening events. Fishing was so hard we didn't bother weighing in a couple of winning fish - showers, a good feed, some stable ground and a few laughs were a much higher priority.
Top time as always and some very good trade displays. Always worth the trip from Brisbane if you're with good friends. SUPERDAFF