PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get Itchy

notenoughsickies
13-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Only ten sleeps to go till my long awaited Stanage trip. One week of work left until seven days, two blokes one boat and hopfully one hell of a great time. With the amount of planning that has gone in only mother nature can stop us. Hope your firing up Codswallup.

2IC
13-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Only ten sleeps to go till my long awaited Stanage trip. One week of work left until seven days, two blokes one boat and hopfully one hell of a great time. With the amount of planning that has gone in only mother nature can stop us. Hope your firing up Codswallup.
YOU lucky bugger,,go hard,,safe trip,take plenty of photos to add to your post when you are back

notenoughsickies
13-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Cant wait to post some pics. Always enjoy other so itching to return the favour

Goodoo haven
13-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Cant wait to post some pics. Always enjoy other so itching to return the favour

Good on ya. We will be looking forward to seeing your report when you's return.

Doug.

Cods Whallup
13-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Ronnie ive been scratchin for the last 3 months, I'll be relieved when the "Mullet"hits the water!!! Then may the Reds come thick and fast!! Giddyup

Goodoo haven
13-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Ronnie ive been scratchin for the last 3 months, I'll be relieved when the "Mullet"hits the water!!! Then may the Reds come thick and fast!! Giddyup

You'll have to show us some photos of those reds yous get there.

Cods Whallup
13-06-2012, 06:42 PM
I havent worked out how to put photos on here yet Goodoo but hopefully wifey can help me when we get back!!lol Providing im still allowed in the house!

Goodoo haven
13-06-2012, 06:46 PM
I havent worked out how to put photos on here yet Goodoo but hopefully wifey can help me when we get back!!lol Providing im still allowed in the house!

LOL, she'll let you back in the house.

Be good to see your photos if you can put them up for us all to see.

Oh Gee
13-06-2012, 07:11 PM
I can feel how your itchyness is...Three more sleeps, one more work day and I drive to Gladstone to jump on a 65 footer and head out to the Swains. Itch Itch

G

Cods Whallup
13-06-2012, 07:13 PM
She loves to eat fish and crabs mate so ive got her buggered!!
Ronnie there is a new moon on the 20th and half moon on the 27th, with the full on the 4th of july, I got my Jewies at Clairview last year 3 days after the new moon on the top of the tide, but by the 1st,2nd and3rd that run will start to pick up and the pelagics and your GTs will be on song!

Cods Whallup
13-06-2012, 07:14 PM
If the weather is right oh gee we might end up going past you out there, just look for a big green mullet!!

Goodoo haven
13-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Lucky buggers going fishing up there.

Oh well, we are planning to go on a trip to 1770 for at least a week around the end of August.

Cods Whallup
13-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Good stuff, I lived at Awoonga Dam as a young fella Goodoo and we fished there for years, back before any bitumen roads, back when there were four tents there at Easter! If it warms enough you might get to tackle a jack or two and maybe a sneaky crab or two before they shut down! Have caught a number of mackies off the rocks at round hill head!

Goodoo haven
13-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Good stuff, I lived at Awoonga Dam as a young fella Goodoo and we fished there for years, back before any bitumen roads, back when there were four tents there at Easter! If it warms enough you might get to tackle a jack or two and maybe a sneaky crab or two before they shut down! Have caught a number of mackies off the rocks at round hill head!

I have never been there before. It seems as though you might be a good person to have a good yarn with before I go up there to get some hints on the area.

Cods Whallup
13-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Anytime Goodoo but youll have to wait until after the third origin, that will be the deciding factor as to how much information you recieve!!lol

Goodoo haven
14-06-2012, 09:20 AM
LOL, I might have to try to get in and find out some info of you before the 3rd one then. Otherwise I mightn't get any info of you. :P

Cods Whallup
14-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Lol I might have to trade you for some cod and yellowbelly info from down around those northern rivers mate, Ill be heading down that way in a month or so to do a bit!! That game last night left me feeling pretty good about the third game!!!

Horse
14-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Have fun fellas. The Crabs were still around at the start of the month so you should still get a feed. What size boat are you taking up and are you camping or renting a house

Goodoo haven
14-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks mate.

I have a 4.2 Stessco Bass Tracker with a 40hp Suzuki.

We will be renting a house there.

None of us has ever been there fishing. Although one of my mate that is coming with us has lived in Bundaberg for a few years, but he said he never fished at 1770.

Goodoo haven
14-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Lol I might have to trade you for some cod and yellowbelly info from down around those northern rivers mate, Ill be heading down that way in a month or so to do a bit!! That game last night left me feeling pretty good about the third game!!!

Yeah it was a good game, and at least our halves played better last night and it was good to see. No worries mate, I can give you some info on the fishing down around here, but I mainly fish the dams, and not the rivers.

notenoughsickies
14-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey horse we are taking a 6.6 platey with a 250 suzi. Weather permitting we are hoping to sleep on the boat out at the Percy's as much as we can but otherwise will have to camp.

Cods Whallup
14-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Have fun fellas. The Crabs were still around at the start of the month so you should still get a feed. What size boat are you taking up and are you camping or renting a house
Hosre we are taking a 6.6 hydracraft cc, we are heading to the percy islands, just camping on the boat, if we can jagg some good weather then we are going to poke out to paul reef for a bit of a look around, prob dont need to go that far but its all part of the adventure!! The weather will be the big dictator but there are plenty of islands to hide behind! Did you get some cracker crabs, my inlaws got one that went 28cm last year from near stanage, bloody dinosaur!