PDA

View Full Version : QF3 Coast Guard Redcliffe VHF Radio Course - 23rd June

QF3 MROCP
11-06-2012, 05:12 PM
The course starts 08:00 Sharp on SATURDAY 23rd JUNE 2012 for both VHF (MROVCP) and VHF/MF/HF (MROCP).

MROVCP student will have their examination at 16:00hrs on the day, while MROCP students leave for the day and return the following morning at 08:30.

MROCP student return on SUNDAY 24th JUNE will complete their lecture time and have their examination at 10:30.

The fun casual day is made up of theory and practical components. Morning and afternoon tea, and Lunch is supplied

Also bring along a pencil, black pen, highlighter, big hat and sun lotion – we have plenty of notes and paper.

To Gain an Appreciation of the Need and Content of the Course, please go to www.vhfradiocourse.com (http://www.vhfradiocourse.com/vhfradiocourse_MY_Videos.html) and have a look through the Pages and Videos (http://www.vhfradiocourse.com/vhfradiocourse_My_Videos.html)

The theory subjects we cover:

Frequencies and Channels of Marine Radio Network
Major Parts of a Radio
Repeater Stations
Limited Coast Stations – “Who’s Listening”
Operator Requirements
Operating Procedures
Authority and responsibilities of the master or skipper
Watch keeping
Secrecy of Communications
Log Keeping
Phonetic Alphabet – Alpha Bravo Charlie…….
Routine Calling Procedures
Distress Calling
Mayday, Mayday, Mayday
Digital Selective Calling – DSC
406MHz EPIRBS
Search and Rescue Transponders
Marine Batteries
Sample Exam Questions

The practical will be an actual roll play call on two VHF channels which demonstrates how to log your vessel in and out with Coast Guard.

An assessment examination must be completed. This comprises of a 25 (VHF ONLY) & 50 (VHF/MF/HF) multiple choice question / answer exam paper. A pass rate of 70% is required.

Along with your certificate application, you need to supply a standard passport photograph which is impregnated into a credit card size id card.

The cost of the course is $155.00 (VHF ONLY) & $175 (VHF/MF/HF), and includes the exam application fee, Handbook, meals and course notes.

Matt76
11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Excellent thanks,

I have sent you a booking request by email.

Looking forward to it.

Matt

QF3 MROCP
11-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Excellent thanks,

I have sent you a booking request by email.

Looking forward to it.

Matt

Thanks Matt.. looking forward to see you and a couple others from Ausfish..

Hossfish
17-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi Peter.

Is it to late to apply to attend the VHF radio course on the 23rd of June. If it is not to late how is the best way to apply.

Regards Greg.

QF3 MROCP
21-06-2012, 11:00 PM
See you on Saturday Greg.. Got some big news about VHF Radio from some close friends at....

QF3 MROCP
24-06-2012, 07:46 PM
THANK YOU TO THE AUSFISH MEMBERS WHO CAME ALONG ON SATURDAY.. JUST LIKE THE CURRENT RACQ ADDS.. YOUR CONTRIBUTION ASSISTING IN THE COST TODAY OF A 7 HOUR TOW JOB FOR A DISTRESS VESSEL OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM PERFORMED THIS MORNING, NORTH OF THE CAPE

Actually, you were a great bunch of fellows!

Matt76
24-06-2012, 07:52 PM
7 hours! Holy crap.

I had a great time Peter, very informative and interesting day. I highly recommend it.

I learnt so much more than just how to operate a radio, thanks again.

Matt

MickInTheMud
24-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Hey Peter

It was only about 5.5 hours.

The conditions were ordinary with about 2m of swell.

Took a tumble and banged my knee pretty hard. (but the reds taking care of that now )

Tow speed of about 10 knots from a few miles north of Hutchies back to Scarb.

End result 2 very relieved men being shown some QF3 hospitality.

Cheers Mick.

Just to add this trip used about 300 litres of fuel.

Cheers Mick.

Hossfish
25-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi Peter.

Agree fully with Matts comments. ( Hope I passed the test). Thanks for all your help and i also would highly recommend the course.

M.I.T.M

Hope the knee heals quickly..

Cheers Greg