PDA

View Full Version : Coffs Harbour....what a great set up!

no chicken tonight
11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Went down to Coffs yesterday to see my sis, thought we'd go for lunch at the fishing club.
You guys have a really good thing there! A great club house on the hill overlooking the boat ramp, harbour and beyond. Looks like a great club with a top bunch of blokes! Also caught the charity fish auction after a comp a couple of years ago and thought that was fantastic! Could almost see myself relocating there one day...but you cockys would have to lift your game in the footy first!
If anyone on here took part in the Dave Irvine Memorial Snapper comp that was held there on the weekend, please let us know how it went.

akman1
15-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Shame the food is crap there(fishing club) but Coffs is a great place whatever type of fishing/motorbike,road or bush/finbacks/scuba,you name it.Within 1 hours drive you can have beach or snow,cant beat it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no chicken tonight
16-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I wouldnt put it like that, but must admit, food wasnt great. But company was good, beer was cold and an awesome view. I'll be back.

Boat Hog
16-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Here's a short wrap up from todays Coffs Advocate Fishing Report about the Dave Irvine Memorial Snapper Classic (soft plastics catch and release).

"With 212 anglers fishing from 87 vessels there were 207 snapper photographed for the records before being released for another day.

Most notable was a single fish caught and released by Anthony Miller measuring 101cm but in the end the champion teams were the semi-professional sport fishing outfits of team Evinrude and team Squidgy that dominated results.

The local team from No Limits managed a credible third place, an excellent effort particularly for a game fishing crew as trolling and berley were not allowed in this event."

The full story is here;

http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/story/2012/06/15/coffs-harbour-deep-sea-fishing-club-news/

Edit; Plus another report from Fishing World Mag;

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/winners-report-fishing-the-snapper-classic

Cheers,