PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Point Ramp Low Tide

Tangles
11-06-2012, 08:59 AM
They really need to do something about this ramp and dredge it and sort out the drop off.

Just a heads up, the left ramp ( which had a drop off) now has a bloody big drop off at low tide with a nice little pool behind it with a bank behind it (from all the prop wash) where you would be lucky to float a yak.

The right hand lane isnt so bad.

mike

Muddy Toes
11-06-2012, 09:05 AM
That hole on the left is a doozie.....I scraped the skeg on my new motor on its maiden voyage thinking it was deep enough to launch only to find out it was a hole with a bank behind it, I can't rant and rave too much because some of that hole would have been my fault.

Tangles
11-06-2012, 09:13 AM
The pontoon was almost resting on the bank right out at the end at low tide the other day (last pole) , must of been 8 inches of water which is ridiculous,

Muddy rant and rave mate as if they maintained the ramps prop wash shouldnt be an issue,

Muddy Toes
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Might have to ask what "Williams will" do about it.

fisho8
11-06-2012, 08:49 PM
It will be right they will just fill the drop off up with rock''s like the did the Scarbrough Ramp they may even put a couple of boulders or Reef Balls under the pontoon to keep it up off the bottom. I reckon the local Quarry's will do well out of these new council's. Wonder where Mr Robinson is these days oh that's right he has no reason to come on here Bagging the other party. I sent him a PM asking WTF was going on when they loaded the end of the Scarbrough Ramp up with rock''s and to this day not had a reply.

WalrusLike
11-06-2012, 09:55 PM
....... I sent him a PM asking WTF was going on when they loaded the end of the Scarbrough Ramp up with rock''s and to this day not had a reply.

Yeah I'd like to know that too. What on earth are they thinking? In truth he probably has no reply to that kind of stupidity.

I would suggest concrete slabs be lowered into the excavator enlarged hole so basically it just extends the ramp.... but flatter.

Failing that, simple and effective solution I would use the 10mm ( I think) blue metal I use at home to stabilize boggy bits. It settles flat and firm and won't be stirred up by prop wash. ( but that's just a theory).

Anything other than needing to run over a reef to get to a ramp. Prop eating nasties lurking at the ramp end sends a shudder down my spine. :)

rayken1938
12-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Tenders are in the process of being called to extend the Masters Avenue ramp beside the ferry terminal so that there is .5 meter of water on the end of the ramp at low tide. The ramp will be closed for a couple of months whilst work is being carried out.
Cheers
Ray

Tangles
12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks Rayken, any word on the ramp with the pontoon where the VMR are situated?

rayken1938
13-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks Rayken, any word on the ramp with the pontoon where the VMR are situated?
Sorry no idea.
Cheers
Ray

Muddy Toes
06-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Hey Mike you will be pleased to know that there have been some official looking surveyor types hanging around the boat ramps and stuff the past few days to determine where they're going to dredge and dig out along the Point there.
Apparently they're also looking at doing from the channel from the Port marker out from the VMR ramp, East to the channel where the Coochie ferry goes, along the foreshore there.

I told the guys to put all there fancy equipment away because it doesn't take a genius to determine it all needs doing........they didn't like that.:-*

thelump
06-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Maybe tell them to put a light on the 3 x markers leading out from the ramp!!

Muddy Toes
06-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah no crap........and the boats,one houseboat in particular that seems to get closer and closer towards the channel each time I go past it.