PDA

View Full Version : Conservationists 'thrilled' by ocean parks plan

akman1
11-06-2012, 08:12 AM
The ABC has obtained an Environment Department plan that would turn Australia's oceans into the biggest marine parks sanctuary in the world.

The ABC article here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-11/conservationists-thrilled-by-oceans-plan/4063294

Tangles
11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Here is the map, Queensland like the existing marine parks seems to have most of the parks and other proposed zones

ShaneC
11-06-2012, 09:14 AM
What's an 'Other Zone'???

Tangles
11-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Maybe its 'The Get out the Pineapple Zone'?

nigelr
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Interesting to see how the NSW and QLD State Gov'ts react to this.
If Pew are happy, spells bad news for the rest of the human race......

WalrusLike
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Maybe if they didn't let giant overseas trawlers in to rape our southern waters it would be a good start to maintaining our fish stocks.

Thread here:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showpost.php?p=1391081

theoldlegend
11-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Bloody greenies. They should be declared feral pests like foxes, dingoes, pigs and whatever else. Once again, a minority government will do anything to keep it's supporters happy and do whatever they wish.

This country is being dictated to by a minority of people who are simply abusing the power they have.

The Greens Party should be declared an illegal organisation. Then we could form vigilante squads and hunt them down. In the dead of night. Put 'em on boats and send 'em to Indonesia.

TOL

trymyluck
11-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Bloody greenies. They should be declared feral pests like foxes, dingoes, pigs and whatever else. Once again, a minority government will do anything to keep it's supporters happy and do whatever they wish.

This country is being dictated to by a minority of people who are simply abusing the power they have.

The Greens Party should be declared an illegal organisation. Then we could form vigilante squads and hunt them down. In the dead of night. Put 'em on boats and send 'em to Indonesia.

TOL

"TOL FOR PM"

I'm liking you TOL.

Timbo12
11-06-2012, 03:14 PM
TOL for pm???? Thered be a heap of fish left for recreational fishing if we rape the seas hey bud - anyone who fishes shouls support ecology

Lovey80
11-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Who's raping the seas? Australia has the best large sustainable fishery in the world Timbo. Absolutely no need for these conservation areas because they are being done soley on ideology and not science.

theoldlegend
11-06-2012, 03:44 PM
The ABC had some sheila from PEW or SPEW on this morning, rabbiting on what a wonderful event this proposal was.

Isn't that an American organisation? What are they doing meddling in our affairs?

No wonder we can't buy any local seafood here. Was in Woolies recently and made a point of looking at their seafood. Out of about a dozen types of fish, only one type was labelled as being from Queensland.

Those green feral pests must be loving this Gillard minority government. It gives them the opportunity to introduce these wacko proposals to the government with the underlying threat of withdrawing their support if the government doesn't proceed.

TOL

Goodoo haven
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
The ABC has obtained an Environment Department plan that would turn Australia's oceans into the biggest marine parks sanctuary in the world.

The ABC article here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-11/conservationists-thrilled-by-oceans-plan/4063294

It is just so wrong for them to be doing this to us Aussies. It seems we are all been dictated to.

Timbo12
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Cause you're all scientists with no ideals hey - look at what newmans trying to do to the reef - but coal and coin is more important - no need to let fish stocks recover

Timbo12
11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
And tol - if you shopped at the local fisho you'd get local product - but woolies is probably far more convenient.....

theoldlegend
11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
And tol - if you shopped at the local fisho you'd get local product - but woolies is probably far more convenient.....

Woolies IS more convenient....... I'd have to drive twice as far to go to the local fisho.... so by driving to Woolies I'm doing my bit to reduce greenhouse gas emissions........

TOL

Timbo12
11-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Woolies IS more convenient....... I'd have to drive twice as far to go to the local fisho.... so by driving to Woolies I'm doing my bit to reduce greenhouse gas emissions........

TOL

Thats an intelligent comment - nevermind the fish has been trucked in from vietnam - the profits head to off shore investments - typical nose up arse liberal attitude though

theoldlegend
11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Just had another look at the Green Party's website.........

Their policy is to abolish the 30% reduction on the Private Health Care rebate to improve the public hospital system. The Federal Government has recently means tested this, so it's a start.

Their policy is to have a carbon tax. The Gillard government recently passed this into law.

Their policy is to have a protected fishing zone covering just about all of the Australian coastline. A proposal for this has just been made public.

And at a State level: just prior to the last state election, the Bligh government declared further parts of Stradbroke Island a National Park, with a view to ceasing sand mining.

Just prior to the state election before the last one, the Bligh government did a deal with the Greens to shut down 15% of Moreton Bay to fishing. It only became public after Bligh retained government.

Does anybody see a pattern here? The Gillard government is doing what their green masters are telling them to do.

The Bligh government was desperate to do anything to keep the Greens happy, simply to get their preferences.

Contrary to what some might think, I'd like to think that I'm a conservationist. I like hearing about projects to save the bilby, the hairy nosed wombat and other animals, as well as reforestation projects, plus others.

What I can't handle is governments passing into law these big ticket items that affect all Australians simply to appease a minority group who hold the balance of power in parliament and who are under represented by the voters in this country.

TOL

theoldlegend
11-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I can't recall saying that I buy fish from Woolies.......

Goodoo haven
11-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Just had another look at the Green Party's website.........

Their policy is to abolish the 30% reduction on the Private Health Care rebate to improve the public hospital system. The Federal Government has recently means tested this, so it's a start.

Their policy is to have a carbon tax. The Gillard government recently passed this into law.

Their policy is to have a protected fishing zone covering just about all of the Australian coastline. A proposal for this has just been made public.

And at a State level: just prior to the last state election, the Bligh government declared further parts of Stradbroke Island a National Park, with a view to ceasing sand mining.

Just prior to the state election before the last one, the Bligh government did a deal with the Greens to shut down 15% of Moreton Bay to fishing. It only became public after Bligh retained government.

Does anybody see a pattern here? The Gillard government is doing what their green masters are telling them to do.

The Bligh government was desperate to do anything to keep the Greens happy, simply to get their preferences.

Contrary to what some might think, I'd like to think that I'm a conservationist. I like hearing about projects to save the bilby, the hairy nosed wombat and other animals, as well as reforestation projects, plus others.

What I can't handle is governments passing into law these big ticket items that affect all Australians simply to appease a minority group who hold the balance of power in parliament and who are under represented by the voters in this country.

TOL

Well said TOL

MudRiverDan
11-06-2012, 11:40 PM

I bought some tigers at Cleveland about a month ago, I knew I never should have bought em, the heads had started to die, but as a fool I asked "are they fresh?", and the reply was
"yes they are fresh"... like f%%^k they were, at $32.00 a kilo they tasted like sh&T..

Next week I bought woolies Tigers, they tasted like shit too...

6 of one and half a dozen of the other.... who they kiddin.

Cheers

GAFYM
12-06-2012, 02:11 PM
You got it in one. PEW...yank
and guess what...Financed, i believe, by the major OIL companies

The ABC had some sheila from PEW or SPEW on this morning, rabbiting on what a wonderful event this proposal was.

Isn't that an American organisation? What are they doing meddling in our affairs?

No wonder we can't buy any local seafood here. Was in Woolies recently and made a point of looking at their seafood. Out of about a dozen types of fish, only one type was labelled as being from Queensland.

Those green feral pests must be loving this Gillard minority government. It gives them the opportunity to introduce these wacko proposals to the government with the underlying threat of withdrawing their support if the government doesn't proceed.

TOL

GAFYM
12-06-2012, 02:15 PM
AHHHH The good old Mekong River Delta Catfish Commonly called BASSA

Jarrah Jack
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
@#$##^& Greenie#$%&*!@ @!$@&^%$#

#$@&^%$ Greenies............

I hope I made myself clear.

Goodoo haven
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM

Well said Jack. ;D

theoldlegend
13-06-2012, 06:08 AM

C'mon now JJ, tell us what you really think.

TOL

nigelr
13-06-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/speculation-takes-over-in-lead-up-to-marine-parks-decision