View Full Version : Pics of Seajay 5.6 Preda King Plate

troy
10-06-2012, 09:05 AM

ozynorts
10-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Looks great troy. enjoy

troy
10-06-2012, 09:09 AM
First time i have posted pictures so my text went missing.
These are photos of my new boat which members requested.
It is a 5.6 Seajay Preda King made in Bundaberg by Troy Glass of Seajay boats.
Troy

frankgrimes
10-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Mate - very nice!!

Mick

wayno60
10-06-2012, 09:47 AM
flash.....enjoy.

Chimo
10-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Better get stone guards fitted to the trailer before you hit the highway! Stones are going to mark that pretty paint job very quickly.

Blackened
10-06-2012, 11:10 AM
G'day

Troy, really nice choice in boat there, great lines!

I also second getting some sort of protection for the bow section from stone chips. Could you maybe wrap the whole front of the boat in a canvas or something to prevent stone chips? (wouldn't want this in turn scratching the paint) Maybe put the shrink wrap over it all? Or just get some guards made up?

Dave

troy
10-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Better get stone guards fitted to the trailer before you hit the highway! Stones are going to mark that pretty paint job very quickly.
Where to get stone guards and how to fit them.
Troy

PinHead
10-06-2012, 11:17 AM
nice boat troy.

nigelr
10-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Well done and congratulations Troy, beautiful boat! Hope it brings you endless pleasure.
Seajay may well be able to offer suggestions re stone guards etc.

wayno60
10-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey troy does the T top slide out of the mounting brackets on the consol or is it all one piece?

Blackened
10-06-2012, 11:26 AM
G'day

Troy, with 10 seconds of googling I found this. http://www.stonestomper.com.au/

looks good on face value

Dave

troy
10-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I was worried about stone chips in my other thread and was told i was making excuses.
Troy

Chimo
10-06-2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?167666-Our-new-Origin-Evolution-7500-diesel-sterndrive-%E2%80%93-the-build/page6&highlight=stone+guard

wayno60
10-06-2012, 11:43 AM
maybe a tad over kill....... but same design with a heavy vinyl insert instead of the checker plate......

wayno60
10-06-2012, 11:46 AM
or something like this??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CARAVAN-CAMPER-TRAILER-STONE-GUARD-/251080725823?pt=Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7593d53f

The Woo
10-06-2012, 11:47 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?167666-Our-new-Origin-Evolution-7500-diesel-sterndrive-%E2%80%93-the-build/page6&highlight=stone+guard

yep, if you can't find it in the thread it's post #85 :)
I'd suggest something similar for your boat BUT rather than checkerplated you could simply have the frame made and lash mesh cut and adged to size to it. Would save you some weight and cost I'd imagine. No need to weld to the trailer either, a bolt-on solution would be quite easy and removable of/when you want to polish the boat.

troy
10-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Hey troy does the T top slide out of the mounting brackets on the consol or is it all one piece?

Wayne, it is a folding T Top.
Troy

troy
10-06-2012, 01:44 PM
G'day

Troy, with 10 seconds of googling I found this. http://www.stonestomper.com.au/

looks good on face value

Dave
Dave, i do not know what the expence of that would be but i need something more simpler as i am nearly 1000 klms away and it is going to be hard for me to organise.
The last thing i want is a lot of stone chips so if i cannot find a solution i may have to take the freight option.
Troy

fisho8
10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Well done Troy very nice boat mate good to see you found something Sea Jay are a nice boat and you will have many good times in it great stuff mate and congrats.

Shawn 66
10-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Troy,
Bloody nice looking boat.
Give the bloke that built her a ring about stone chip protection , I am sure he would have some ideas .
Shawn

Blackened
10-06-2012, 03:07 PM
G'day

Troy, I think it says there it's about $550 inc GST and $50 for delivery. I'm sure it'd be pretty damn easy to attach. Ask the dealer to.

I'm a bit anal about it, but i'd be protecting it one way or another for the ride home. Brand new paint job, especially a black one at that, worth looking after it.

Dave

troy
10-06-2012, 03:37 PM
G'day

Troy, I think it says there it's about $550 inc GST and $50 for delivery. I'm sure it'd be pretty damn easy to attach. Ask the dealer to.

I'm a bit anal about it, but i'd be protecting it one way or another for the ride home. Brand new paint job, especially a black one at that, worth looking after it.

Dave
Agree Dave, i will have to work out some thing.
My truck has good mud flaps on it but might not be low enough is this the case.
Troy

troy
10-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I have received a lot of Pm's about this boat and not one negative comment but i honestly believe that Troy Glass of Seajay Boats is the one that should be getting all the compliements.
I have owned a lot of boats in my time and did the deals like we all do saying i can get the same boat at another dealer can you match it usually they do but at the end of the day it comes down to you get what you paid for.
I did not have to go there with this boat as he gave me a firm price and delievery time.
During the build time he contacted me and said that that the kill tank was not included in the price and i replied not to bother as i had reached my budget and his responce was no big deal i will put one in for you at no cost.
This offer should help buyers get back confidence in our local boat industry.
Am i on a commission to promote Seajay Boats not a chance i do not believe in that but when i see a business giving good service i will try to make sure i let people know.
Troy

copie
10-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Hey Troy if it is stones from your vehicle you are most concerned about i have known a few people purchase a piece of heavy duty rubber from "clark rubber" drill as many as possible holes along the top edge not too close and simply zip tie it to the rear bumper bar area. You can get heavy duty zip ties and all zip ties can be joined if not long enough. When the trip is done cut the zip ties and its all gone.

Mark

bronsonwinston
11-06-2012, 07:03 AM

This what I have mounted on the front of my trailer. Works well with the stones of the towing vehicle but doesn't do a lot for passing vehicles.

bronsonwinston
11-06-2012, 07:13 AM

Not sure if the last picture worked.

WalrusLike
11-06-2012, 07:43 AM
I think I might know what is going on with at least some of the broken pictures.

This is what my Tapatalk iPhone app showed:

And this is inside the thread:

When you upload a picture to the forum it gives it a number... eg 81099. (that's a lot of pictures uploaded! ) Then to attach it to your post, a code tag is inserted with the pictures ID number in it. The code tags follow the HTML standard so it has the word 'ATTACH' in square brackets then the number then a end tag that is the same as the start except with a leading backslash.

Now if somehow the creator of the post, or some other gremlin, accidentally deletes a square bracket or something then you don't see a picture. See in the first picture I posted there is a number but it doesn't appear in the text ( second picture). That is often a symptom of a broken tag.

More than you wanted to know..... :) Feel sorry for my kids? They always get long winded explanations too.....

:)

troy
11-06-2012, 08:39 AM

Not sure if the last picture worked.
Cannot open either of them.
Troy

Stewey
11-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Troy,

If you are going to spend a night or 2 in Bundaberg, may I suggest that you stay at the Tropical Gardens Motor Inn. They are situated on the Childers highway next to Sugarlands Shopping centre and have a fair bit if land around them for parking. Joe and Tess, the owners are lovely people and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Might be a good idea to book though cause they are booked out regularly.

Hope this is of some help.

Your new ride looks the goods.

Regards

Stewey

troy
11-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey Troy if it is stones from your vehicle you are most concerned about i have known a few people purchase a piece of heavy duty rubber from "clark rubber" drill as many as possible holes along the top edge not too close and simply zip tie it to the rear bumper bar area. You can get heavy duty zip ties and all zip ties can be joined if not long enough. When the trip is done cut the zip ties and its all gone.

Mark
Copie, how would you stop the wind blowing the rubber up.
Troy

WalrusLike
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
I dunno.... I am not sure I'd want to stay at a place where the hosts get chased out with catcalls and pitchforks.....

.... Might be a good idea to book though cause they are booed out regularly.

Hope this is of some help.

:)

Just kidding Stewey... It's always good to hear a personal recommendation.

WalrusLike
11-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Copie, how would you stop the wind blowing the rubber up.
Troy

Probably the weight would keep it down enough to do its job.... But wouldn't it add a fair bit of windage and hence fuel cost?

Stewey
11-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Haha,

Sucks when your mind works faster than your fingers. Arthritic fingers and a touch screen don't seem to mix.

Regards

Stewey

Darren Mc
11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Troy,
Love the look of that boat mate, what would a package like that be worth?(sorry if you've already answered this question)

troy
11-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Troy,
Love the look of that boat mate, what would a package like that be worth?(sorry if you've already answered this question)

Darren the total cost all up with modifications was $53000
Troy

Darren Mc
11-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi Troy,
Looks like a great combination of looks, functionality and with the 4 stoke yamaha, very economical. All the best with it..

Axl
11-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Good to see it has all worked out for you Troy, mate she looks great. I hope all goes well getting her home, then all thats left to do is go and spill some blood and scales on her congrats.

Steve B
11-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Troy,

As per PM, here is the details of a good auto trimmer, who has done good work on my boats and a few mates too. Its only a block or 2 from Seajay.

Sugar Coast Canvas & Trimming
Canopies--Motor & Boat - Bundaberg, QLD
63 Enterprise St, Bundaberg QLD 4670, Australia
(07) 4151 6600

I would imagine Seajay would know a good steel fabricator in the area also who could whip up the framework for a good stoneguard like in the attachment. I wished I had of done it with my previous 5m boat. It had dark paint and copped a hiding from stones.!!!

Cheers Steve

troy
11-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Troy,

As per PM, here is the details of a good auto trimmer, who has done good work on my boats and a few mates too. Its only a block or 2 from Seajay.

Sugar Coast Canvas & Trimming
Canopies--Motor & Boat - Bundaberg, QLD
63 Enterprise St, Bundaberg QLD 4670, Australia
(07) 4151 6600

I would imagine Seajay would know a good steel fabricator in the area also who could whip up the framework for a good stoneguard like in the attachment. I wished I had of done it with my previous 5m boat. It had dark paint and copped a hiding from stones.!!!

Cheers Steve
Thanks Steve i will have a talk with Troy.
Might be a omen that his name is the same as my user name or might go the other way also.
Troy

Gon Fishun
11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
G'day Troy.
Whilst I am with the other guys on here in regards to driving down and picking up your boat one also has to look at the other side. If your not well, as you have said, and arthritic it could be the drive to hell and back. I too suffer from arthritis, not badly, two broken bones in back just to name a coupla things, so I can sympathise with you. and understand why you would decide to get the boat shipped to you. I'm sure you would have it insured against any damage while in transit and would hire a reliable courier.
You might even save a few dollars and grey hairs.;D
Cheers.

copie
11-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey Troy the rubber matting normally has enough weight in it to not rise too far, if you think it is too light then just put a couple rope anchors to stop it rising up.
You will ofter see this set up on outback vehicles but obviously made to fit and stay on all the time. I was just thinking of something temperary for your travel to pick up the boat.

Mark

Giffo65
11-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Troy

As a stop gap measure to get you home,how about some heavy shadecloth zip tied to the drawbar and to the front rail above,keep it tight and it wont touch the paint.Then get something more permanent when you get home.You have my number if you need a hand.

aidbox
11-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Hey TRoy, I would be going to St Vinnies and buying some seconhand blankets and gaffer taping them for the time being (just for the trip home). Might give you time to shop around later

Broomey
12-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi Troy,

Congratulations on your Sea Jay, I'm sure you'll love her!! I had a 5.8 C/C Horizon I called" The Other Woman" great boats!!

Mate , do as aidbox and Giffo 65 have sugested, I have on two two boats I have brought back from Perth, got some packing blankets from removalist, gaffer taped them on the Hull then shade cloth wrapped around and zippy ties, does the job and no stone chips and cheap!!;D

Broomy

troy
12-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Not looking good as i had a reply from the builder and was told a stone gaurd set up was $1850.
He also said he towed a boat from Bunaberg to Mackay and got stone chips.
With the freight company he uses it will cost $1590 then i have to line up a crane at my end and more $$$$.
This is not about me being a tight arse but trying not to spend money that it is not warranted.
The blankets and shade cloth are worth considering but not sure how to rig it up so it does not blow off on the trip.
Troy

bronsonwinston
12-06-2012, 05:49 PM

Last attempt to upload the photo

Blackened
12-06-2012, 06:05 PM
G'day

Troy, i'm sure the builder/dealer or failing that a local Ausfish member would give you a hand rigging up blankets and shade cloth safe enough for the trip home. imo, great idea and well worth doing.

Dave

Stewey
12-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Troy, i live in bundy and am self employed, so available anytime. Yell if you need a hand. I will pm you my mobile number.

Regards

Stewey

troy
12-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I would like to thank all the members of Ausfish for all the advise and offers to help out.
Ausfish has been my life line during my ill health and support from members.
This is something money cannot buy and some or a lot might not feel this way.
But when you need help well this site gives it to you and i am proud to be a member.
My trip is still up in the air at the moment so be prepared for more of Troy boring you all to death.
Troy

Stewey
12-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Troy,
If you can, try to plan your trip to NOT include overnigts in either Mackay, Rocky or Gladstone. Try to stay outside these towns as the "mining boom" has driven accomodation places through the roof. Try motels or parks in smaller towns.

As far as chip guards go, i am sure we can jury rig up something to get you home.

Regards

Stewey

Chas & Clarry
12-06-2012, 08:36 PM
... so be prepared for more of Troy boring you all to death.
Troy

As if!! ::) We are loving it!....it is great to see all the "problem solving" going on :). Hope you find the right balance in the end Troy

WalrusLike
12-06-2012, 10:50 PM
I reckon you could fix the blanket on by Zip clips punched through the blanket on to the trailer at the two trailer side rails under the hull where the bow flare finishes. The other end up on to the bow rails. Might need to join blankets together by sewing with zip clips.... Or one each side and a central.

It won't be permanent so doesn't need to be flash. Also gaffa tape will mend steel bridges and catch falling aeroplanes.

I hope the trip or the freight goes well for you. I am glad to be on Ausfish where those blokes up there have made such generous offers. Good onya fellas.