PDA

View Full Version : Woodruff Key, where from.

Tinspo
07-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey All,

Broke my cable steering recently and in the process of installing a new Hydive kit.

managed to get the old wheel off but the key is welded into the old shaft. Hydrive kit doesn't have one, tried Whitworths no luck, tried Repco and CBC no luck.

Any ideas where I can get one? I'm in Brisbane Eagle Farm area.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Fido
07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Try a Bolt and Nut shop or a Mower Shop. That is where I get them for my mowers ride on and push. I am surprised the Hydrive fellow doesn't have one. He is just down in Cleveland and i have always found him helpful He should be able to point you in the right direction. Mate I didn't know what a Woodruff Key was until I had to get one. Some just buy square steel various sizes and cut off and make their own.

Noelm
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
It should be in the kit, mine was (I think) as mentioned a mower place will have something suitable.

cormorant
07-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Ask for key steel ( for keyways) at the CBC shop and then trim to shape as a worst case . Grease the hell out it if going mild steel.

finga
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Any bearing shop should be able to help with the correct size if the mower shop fails.

Fed
07-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Grab the old key with vise grips, if it doesn't come out you're not trying hard enough.

Tickleish
07-06-2012, 05:43 PM
If you still haven't got any or a a tight arse, you cann come a get some of me at my workshop at eagle farm - just PM me your number.