PDA

View Full Version : What have you Taken Home ?

Dicktracey
02-06-2012, 01:12 AM
So I leave work this morning after a 12hr nightshift checking what day it is :o
Friday the 1st Beauty I'll stop at The Tackle Shop and pick up the new QFM :-?
30min later I leave with a new 5-9 Berkly Compitition PRO :P

So what have you guys gone home with after setting out to grab something totally oppisite ?
Dick

Apollo
02-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Do we include being a bit drunk at a night club in our earlier days? Some that I took home, weren't the original intention!

Dicktracey
02-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Do we include being a bit drunk at a night club in our earlier days? Some that I took home, weren't the original intention!
Most Definitely ;)

softplasticsdude79
02-06-2012, 07:18 AM

So what have you guys gone home with after setting out to grab something totally oppisite ?
Dick

most of my fishing tackle collection.

netmaker
02-06-2012, 07:37 AM

Dick

so. did you actually pick up the qfm or did you forget and now need another visit?

PinHead
02-06-2012, 08:19 AM
At one time..went 40k over original budget when buying a boat.

Another instance..rainy Saturday..home show was on. Told the wife we will goand I will buy one of those garage door electric openers. Off we go.

After several hours, we had arranged for a quote for a new pergola ( which we bought), quote for new kitchen fitout (which we bought), all stainless appliances for the new kitchen, new carpet, new drapes.
Total cost = approx: 60k.

And..did not get the garage door opener as no one there was selling them.

I knew I should never have mentioned going and not been to a home show since.

finga
02-06-2012, 08:26 AM
I went to get some whipper snipper line and came home with a 109.5hp diesel engine weighing well over a ton.....and then had to go to another shop for the whipper snipper cord.
The Cook and I went looking for 10 acres and brought 60.
The list is endless.

I can't wait to go truck shopping :D

But with tackle about the worse I got is I needed a packet of long shank whiting hooks and came home with a box full.
Oh. near forgot. I stopped at a garbage sale on the way to the rodbuilding school and brought a fishing rod.

tunaticer
02-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Unfortunately my impulse buying begins before i get to the shops..........

Goodoo haven
02-06-2012, 11:20 AM

Dick

Geez, I can't go into a tackle shop without coming out with a hell of a lot more than I intended buying. Just recently I went into see if the local shop I always go to had some soft plastics I wanted and come out of there with a $400-00 bait-caster reel and rod combo minus the soft plastics I originally went in there for. Got home and called him then... as it turned out he didn't have them in and had to order some for me.

Crunchy
02-06-2012, 12:28 PM
The iPad I'm typing on right now

Lucky 1
02-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I went to an auction to buy a stainless steel bench to clean fish with, and returned with a 6.3m boat. Still don't have a decent bench to clean my fish with!

castlemaine
02-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Plastics that don't work!

trev1
02-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Not so much in the shops but I've been out prawning and brought home a feed of crabs fairly often! Been out chasing sweetlip and come home with mackeral, went west looking for a job and come home 10 yrs later with a missus.

Dicktracey
02-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I wish my impluse buy was an isolated case ;)
Have bought a new Motorbike when shopping for helmet's
New Boat 60K was in the last yard we looked in while buying 30K second hand ones :'(

Woke up one morning after a bender with Mrs and found a drink coaster in Top Pocket with Flight # s to London :P