PDA

View Full Version : Hydrofield ball park prices

Mentardo
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Have decided on the next boat. A hydrofield 5.5m but as there isnt many kicking around, I am after a ball park price guide for one. What would expect to pay for one, say mid 90's hull that has been repowered in recent years. Thanks

ifishcq1
01-06-2012, 01:29 PM
depending on how far you travel and conditions you are libel to face I would probably rethink your options if choppy conditions are normal where you fish
they are among the safest boats on the water but in anything other than small chop they pound like a bugger making long distance stuff a real pain in the back however small distances and mostly calm they are a very stable platform and can handle bar work easily
one of the boats in our regular tag along crew is a hydrofield 6m and the boys are finally looking for a cat around the same size or a bigger size mono instead strictly for the ride
cheers

fin101
01-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Gday, not sure if you are interested but a fellow in my club has a bigger one for sale with twins, built to survey. Hull is immaculate motors always serviced, he has just bought another one and this one is going for a song. I reckon you would be mad not to give it a look over, PM me if you need to be put in contact with him. I cannot believe no one has snapped it up, they seem to have a select band of fans that seem to be more than happy with them.

Mentardo
01-06-2012, 06:11 PM
sounds good thanks mate,

Scott79
01-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Not sure where you are located, there has been a 5.5 Jaguar advertised up here with a 140 Suzuki for $28k.

Scott.

Stuart
01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
I wouldnt spend anymore than 1 K because the rest of the money would be needed for two new kidney's, and a lower back opperation.
I hate the dam things, pig of a boat.

Boat Hog
01-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I wouldnt spend anymore than 1 K because the rest of the money would be needed for two new kidney's, and a lower back opperation.
I hate the dam things, pig of a boat.

Gee, it's not like you to hold back Stuart. Tell us what you realy think!:P

Cheers,