PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to our fellow Ausfishers

MangroveZac
01-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi all, I recently got back from a trip to Fraser Island. Having not been there before i found the help and tips offered by Ausfish members to be the differance between a good and a great trip. Thanks to all who offered up some great advice (GM-Bluewater particularly) and helped make this quite a memorable trip;D

I am interested to hear from others how advice from ausfish members has helped - or hindered :-? ??? - your fishing? Use this thread as a great oppertunity to say thanks!!

Regards, Zac.

Scalem
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Too many occasions to list zac, but recently learned I was installing bearing seals incorrectly, so that left me a little embarrassed, but who cares right? That's what this forum is all about, learning from each other. But it's the friendships i've discovered, and learning from some gems i can't say enough about. I was going to list them, but they know who they are.. :-*

Making my own jigheads - all from a simple question about the best ways and techniques of powdercoating them...
Got a bit of engineering done on wheel hubs for free
now have a member up north I am planning a trip to the whitsundays ( hurry up and get that bar crusher 610 delivered I can't wait!)
Indirectly i would not be the proud owner of the boat I have, if it was not for the same af member.
i would not have the pile of firewood this winter either, if it was not for an af member who kindly gave it all to me.... Suggested diagnosis on my broken air conditioning unit turned out to be correct, thanks! I could keep going, my lunch break is over - back into it!

Scalem

Mossy247
01-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I would have to say Scalem has knocked it on the head. Since I have joined Ausfish I can't say enough about the knowledge I have learnt and try to pass on to others willing to listen. I would have to say thanks to those who don't really give out spot X's but enlighten you as to what you should be looking for which gives you the ability to fish anywhere regardless of where you are. Techniques that I have learnt along with the skills and knowledge about the water, the bay and also navigation at night, reading sounders, 12V wiring but most of all the friendships I have made. I think it is almost a year to the day I went on my first mission to mud Island with Davo aka netmaker and it was all on a response I put on a thread saying I would like to get out there more often. Since then it has been all about learning and making new mates. I am not the most social person at the best of times but have no trouble yakking for ages to mates about plastics and fishing. Since that day I have had the pleasure of sharing some special catches with many an AF member. What I love most is the support, the sh!t talking and the genuine friendships I have made. I have missed a couple M&G's for various reasons but when I had nothing the amount of guys that put there hands up to take us out was pretty trippy, to me anyways as I never rated humans much but meeting the different people with different backgrounds has really opened my eye's and also learnt abit about myself. I would like to thank all those that have helped us out over the years and also those that have driven me to get amoungst it. A special thanks also to the guys who run the site and the fellows who take the time to organise the M&G's as I always have a good time when I am out fishing. So thanks to all those who have met me and offered kind words or advice or given me a different way of thinking about what I do. I don't think you can ever learn enough when it comes to fishing and one thing the old man always told me which sticks with me today "a shut mouth is a wise head" basically if you listen you might actually learn something. I am constanlty on a learning curb with fishing and boating and glad to be along for the ride. Thanks to Netmaker, Chief, Dayoo, Franky the fishing Machine, DickTracey, Lucee81, Lethal, Silent, Ddobson, Oodies and the list goers on and there is many more I have left out. If you ever see us out on the water come say G'day cause I am always keen to meet like minded fisho's.

Gon Fishun
01-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I would have to say Scalem has knocked it on the head. Since I have joined Ausfish I can't say enough about the knowledge I have learnt and try to pass on to others willing to listen. I would have to say thanks to those who don't really give out spot X's but enlighten you as to what you should be looking for which gives you the ability to fish anywhere regardless of where you are. Techniques that I have learnt along with the skills and knowledge about the water, the bay and also navigation at night, reading sounders, 12V wiring but most of all the friendships I have made. I think it is almost a year to the day I went on my first mission to mud Island with Davo aka netmaker and it was all on a response I put on a thread saying I would like to get out there more often. Since then it has been all about learning and making new mates. I am not the most social person at the best of times but have no trouble yakking for ages to mates about plastics and fishing. Since that day I have had the pleasure of sharing some special catches with many an AF member. What I love most is the support, the sh!t talking and the genuine friendships I have made. I have missed a couple M&G's for various reasons but when I had nothing the amount of guys that put there hands up to take us out was pretty trippy, to me anyways as I never rated humans much but meeting the different people with different backgrounds has really opened my eye's and also learnt abit about myself. I would like to thank all those that have helped us out over the years and also those that have driven me to get amoungst it. A special thanks also to the guys who run the site and the fellows who take the time to organise the M&G's as I always have a good time when I am out fishing. So thanks to all those who have met me and offered kind words or advice or given me a different way of thinking about what I do. I don't think you can ever learn enough when it comes to fishing and one thing the old man always told me which sticks with me today "a shut mouth is a wise head" basically if you listen you might actually learn something. I am constanlty on a learning curb with fishing and boating and glad to be along for the ride. Thanks to Netmaker, Chief, Dayoo, Franky the fishing Machine, DickTracey, Lucee81, Lethal, Silent, Ddobson, Oodies and the list goers on and there is many more I have left out. If you ever see us out on the water come say G'day cause I am always keen to meet like minded fisho's.

Yep, what Mossy247 said.
I started fishing when I was about 8 and in all this time I really know nothing when looking in all these threads. Most of you guys will have forgotten half of what i will ever learn. But, it is a great learning curve.
Thank you.

netmaker
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
aw geez mossy. i'm all choked up:'(;D. i have gained a lot from ausfish members also. seeing other boat setups has helped me heaps in setting mine up. i have learnt plenty about 12v wiring and am confident i can solve any electrical problem on my boat. i have a new outboard mechanic (thanx garry), a new jighead supplier (thanx barry) and a new bunch of mates with a common interest. a great knowledge base - i dont think i've seen an unanswered question ever. and all you blokes (and ladies) who dont normally get to a meet and greet - make the effort. they are well worthwhile.
cheers

netmaker
01-06-2012, 04:58 PM
and i forgot: a new mark from dave dobson - which he hasn't sent me yet:P

WalrusLike
01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
I have to thank you all for the endless advice and helpfulness. My boating is better because of your advice.

You even are starting to get me interested in fishing for fish.... Rather than the fishing as an excuse to be out on the water that I normally do.

choppa
01-06-2012, 07:43 PM

One person that needs a mention here IMO,,,, is a bloke that hasn't got a selfish bone in his body,,

A bloke that does not only volunteer his time,, but also any asset that he owns to ensure that some other person enjoys the same benefit out of that asset

A bloke who has made as many friends within AF,, as I assume he has outside off

I placed a request in an open forum here in AF,, for a "mate" that was encountering a rough period within his life,,, the request was for a certain wood working machine that my mate needed to complete a project,, without any hesitation,, this "bloke" offered not only one,, but a choice of this particular machine to donate towards the cause

This "bloke" has been a visitor of my residence on a few occasions,,, and he is welcome to step foot back at any time he chooses,,

There's a reason why I placed a Camp Quality logo in this post,, the "bloke" in question knows why

THANKS MATE

barra71
02-06-2012, 06:45 PM
I would like to thanks all the guys that have helped with the info that i was seeking in http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?184917-Bar-Crossings-what-to-do-and-what-not-to-do
Thanks to all the members of ausfish for your support...

Dicktracey
02-06-2012, 11:34 PM
and i forgot: a new mark from dave dobson - which he hasn't sent me yet:P
Stand in line the bastard hasn't sent me his secret snapper spot after giving a days worth of spots last trip ;)

MangroveZac
18-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Well it's great to hear that others have enjoyed success due to Ausfish. Thanks guys.;D

GM-Bluewater
18-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi Zac,

Glad you had a good trip mate! Hopefully you left a few fish up there for me!!

Cheers

MangroveZac
18-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi Zac,

Glad you had a good trip mate! Hopefully you left a few fish up there for me!!

Cheers

Sure did, i don't eat fish so it's mostly catch and release for me! How was NZ?

GM-Bluewater
18-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Sure did, i don't eat fish so it's mostly catch and release for me! How was NZ?

Glad you got onto a few then, always happy to help with some local knowledge, what goes around comes around!

NZ was great! Had our limit of ducks by 9am on opening day! Got out for a fish too and got some nice snapper, few gurnard and some monster kahawai.

MangroveZac
19-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Good one mate!! Thanks again, and feel free to send me a PM if you ever going up round agnes/1770/turkey beach way, might be able to help you out with a few marks ;) Zac.