PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for great service ###### ?

truth stretcher
01-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Wanted to post a thanks for great price and service for a product I purchased and after doing a search found that it seems the name is marked out as ######### what are the rules with naming buisnesses ?
Can I not post thanks and name the buisness?

wayno60
01-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Well the only one i know you cant mention is allsorts...to me it looks like every other business gets a run for good or bad service.

Jarrah Jack
01-06-2012, 09:06 AM
A number of business spam the forum and are put on the zap list is what I've read on here. You can put a space between each letter to get around it.

charleville
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
A number of business spam the forum and are put on the zap list is what I've read on here. You can put a space between each letter to get around it.

The owner of another online forum that I frequent told me recently that they get 3000 - 5000 spam attacks per day at that forum. Likewise, one of his moderators said that a lot of the role of a moderator on that website is about removing the spam posts.

I suspect that it become standard practice for form owners and mods to just ban the name of any company that spams.

The work-around that JJ suggests usually does the trick.

tunaticer
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I think that most of the blacked out businesses on this forum are blacklisted for various transgressions over the site, from image theft to proprietary information usages without permission to spamming.
Personally I would rather have the transgressors be given the option of paid advertizing on the site rather than blacklisting them. A lot of us simply want to know where to get item A or B at a reasonable price. Bad luck if your answer to your question is blacklisted.