PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Custom Boat

ozynorts
30-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey all, looking for some feedback on the boat mentioned.
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=9930898
Has anyone dealt with these boats?
Also the motor appears to have been around for a while. Are these a good motor or would it just be better to upgrade to a new 4 stroke.
It's on the goldie so has anyone seen it out on the water?
Any feedback would be awesome.
Thanks
Haydn

Moonlighter
30-05-2012, 01:54 PM
$23.5K ???? For a 7 m Plate boat on a trailer with an outboard and a 30hp kicker??????

Price looks far, far too hot to me to be fair dinkum. I would think the aluminium in the hull of a 7 m boat would be worth that much or more as scrap. Must be a misprint????? Surely $73.5K????

What appears too good to be true, usually is..........

ML

ozynorts
30-05-2012, 02:18 PM
It is out of Rego and appears to have just been painted. I am going to keep an eye on it for now and see what happens. I am sure that I would have to upgrade the donk purely from a fuel consumption point of view not to mention reliability.

Tim_N
30-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Haydn,
That isn't a ridgy didgy Fisher for a start.
The seller is using the good Fisher name.
Wrong planing strakes, no water ballast and completely the wrong chines, and that is only after a quick look.
Tim

ozynorts
30-05-2012, 02:27 PM
thanks Tim.

jclay1773
30-05-2012, 05:08 PM
99% sure that this boat has been for sale for ages but it used to be blue. Has been around the high $20's for some time. Tim, would a fisher of that age have water ballast?

johncar
30-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Nothing to say Fisher Boats had earlier designs as such but possibly only Col would know for sure if it was.
It could be a great boat or a nightmare, but not a huge investment either. Something like that would still need a good going over by someone with a bit of expertise and if anyone were to buy it then run it through it's paces well and truly before possibly wasting money on a motor upgrade and other things.

Tim_N
31-05-2012, 08:59 AM
My take on it,
And I have seen a few, is that this is not a Fisher. Even the early Fishers, which were Torres Fishers, still had Cols distinct sheer line.
This is slab sided, to go along with the other factors.
I may be wrong though, and will stand corrected.
Tim

Noelm
31-05-2012, 09:40 AM
OK, as I see it (regardless of brand) the boat is freshly painted, maybe had a very hard life earlier on?, maybe been welded up?, has a single seat, perhaps an ex pro boat? motor is as old as the hills, factor in either repairs or a repower, none of this stuff maybe 100% true, but it is just how I perceive this particular second hand boat.

theangryangler
31-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Maybe called a fisher cause u can fish out of it? ? :)

theangryangler
31-05-2012, 08:41 PM
On a side note the seller has not provided a contact number so be aware here
this is a trick the scammers use as well
not sayin it definately a scam but look out

ozynorts
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
It's good to see that my instincts aren't that bad. It just looked wrong to me and I thought I would share it with you. It may be a legit sale but I have other boats on the watch list that are above this one so it can stay where it is.

PB
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
The HIN number is the giveaway on this boat.

Moonlighter
01-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder which boat builder has the code WWA?