PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolaba Bar

gruntahunta
29-05-2012, 12:04 PM
How is the dredging of the mouth going, does anyone know? Has any one been over the bar recently?

TREVELLY
29-05-2012, 12:16 PM
On Sunday - the channel is straight out from river now.

No hard left at end of breakwall now.

They have taken away the red floats that were there.

When exiting it is still best to be on RHS - starboard side as the sandbar is going left towards the beach.

Big red boat dredge was busy working at it on weekend.

I wouldn't stop there any longer than necessary but seems safe enough.

Depth sounder was showing about 2.5m.

outta line
29-05-2012, 04:58 PM
On Sunday - the channel is straight out from river now.

No hard left at end of breakwall now.

They have taken away the red floats that were there.

When exiting it is still best to be on RHS - starboard side as the sandbar is going left towards the beach.

Big red boat dredge was busy working at it on weekend.

I wouldn't stop there any longer than necessary but seems safe enough.

Depth sounder was showing about 2.5m.

cheers for the info trev......we have hired a holiday house up there on canal for 3 nights over the june long weekend. was hoping the bar had improved b4 we get up there. after reading all the horror stories of late was hoping it would get dredged. planing on doing my first trip out to the banks over that weekend.....hope the weather gods are kind.......cheers mick

pipifin
30-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm pretty sure they have a bit more sand to shift but the channel itself is complete.... think it was in this morning's Sunshine coast Dagly

fat-buoy
30-05-2012, 11:12 AM
There is still waves breaking over the front of the passage though so still be mindfull of the possibility of some white water coming at you from the side... a bit of caution and it should be fine though :)