PDA

View Full Version : Adhesive to mount small in-hull transducer

Mr__Bean
28-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

I have an inboard skiboat that I am about to install a simple depth guage into. It comes with a small transducer that is designed to either be mounted on the transom, or set inside as a through hull setup.

I will only install inside as I do not want holes in the hull for the transducer wire to pass through.

Whilst they provide instruction on how to set the transducer for through hull applications the instructions are a bit short in providing information on what type of glue (resin?? ect) to use. Only offering they give is that 2-pack epoxy is generally too hard and brittle, and marine sealants absorb too much sound.

?????? :-?:-?

Advice gladly received, thanks.

Darren

GBC
28-05-2012, 05:55 PM
set up a wet box. Bit of threaded pvc pipe stuck to the floor, mount the tranny in that then fill it with glycerin or your favourite vegetable oil, then screw a cap onto the pvc. I was lazy and used sikaflex in the kayak - it works perfectly so long as you don't get air bubbles trapped.

Spaniard_King
28-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Just siliscon it to the bottom.....with neutral cure silicon sealant

key is clean surfaces and bead the silicon so that no bubles exist.. then just roll the tranducer in so as not to trap any air in the silicon

works for me :)

FishHunter
28-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Glue it down with Selleys All Clear, it takes a while to cure but it will peel off with some effort when you want to remove it one day.

Grand_Marlin
28-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Sikaflex - Sikasil C.

Mr__Bean
29-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks all, your inputs are appreciated.

Not sure which way I will go, probably the sikaflex as I think I still have some in the shed.

Darren