PDA

View Full Version : looking for T&T motor for225 ocean pro

Humdinger
27-05-2012, 10:28 PM
hi y all just putting the feelers out for a trim and tilt motor for my 225 evinrude ocean pro ;D

fishfeeder
28-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Mate, I would call Yatala Wreckers, they helped me out ages ago with a few bits..
Here is there number 3807 2488, think there still in business..

Hope they can help you out..

Cheers
Brett

cormorant
28-05-2012, 09:59 AM
What year?

Is it the fasttrac?

Where are you?

What is fault / symptoms? rust? or motor slowing down . I ask as it is often not the motor and have a few in the shed we had as spares.

Humdinger
28-05-2012, 11:42 AM
What year?

Is it the fasttrac?

Where are you?

What is fault / symptoms? rust? or motor slowing down . I ask as it is often not the motor and have a few in the shed we had as spares.

it's a 98 not sure if fasttrac or not electrics are sparking everywhere . i think motor siezed . havn't got it right off yet . might be more damage by the time it is .
thanks brett

cormorant
28-05-2012, 12:04 PM
What suburb are you in?

Here is what a fasttrac looks like. They have the ram tubes , bracket and pump housing were all cast as one piece.

It is what you motor will have fitted. Is it a carby motor or a injected ?

Where is the sparking happening ? Under cowl, at trim motor , at switches at wires?

The v4 and v6 were the same bar the pressure relief valves ( valve under the manual pressure relief screw) . There were a couple of different electric motors on them and the original motors are crazy priced. The were at least 2 versions of electric motors and several versions of covers for them and either 2 wire or 3 wire.

First test I would do is on the port side of the unit there is a bypass valve. It can be manually undone with a large flat bladed screwdriver. It will release the pressure in the rams and the motor will tilt down. Watch your fingers. ie I am just trying to prove it is not a siezed bracket or clogged pressure valve.

Don't screw your pins by bashing them out . Use a soft drift and a bit of skill. I have spare pins, bushes etc for them.

Here is the parts listings for approx your motor

http://www.crowleymarine.com/johnson-evinrude/parts/52801.cfm

http://www.crowleymarine.com/johnson-evinrude/parts/52802.cfm

Humdinger
28-05-2012, 02:01 PM
hi cormorant i am in loganlea 4131 .have got it pulled apart the magnet inside the motor is all broken up and some of the windings were broken . the pins have survived but bushes are buggered . we stripped the end of the release screw at the ramp when the motor was jammed down . earlier in the day the trim seemed slow then just stopped working . no sign of water inside the motor . must have just been worn out .
the parts in your link look right . it has 2 wires going into it green and blue

cormorant
28-05-2012, 02:34 PM
At the office but will check the shed tonight.

That same tilt trim was used on every v4 and v6 motor from years earler to mid 2000's with no major changes.

When you said you stripped the presssure release do you mean the threads ( oh hell that will be nasty) in the housing or just the top of the screw ( phew just a new screw) ?

The pressure release screw is retained by a circlip and that stops it unscrewing out of the housing as far as the orings and letting oil out.. ie you unscrew it 2 turns and then it should release the pressure.

Not uncommon for them motors to tear brushes out or magnet to collapse against windings . At least your housing didn't rust through like it does on moored boats.

There is replacement new non genuine motors on ebay as well, some I have seen are OK and others are crap.