PDA

View Full Version : shy guys,humdinger and trevally offshore 26th and 27th may

rosco1974
27-05-2012, 03:15 PM
after the bagging these blokes give me on the arti v bait meet and greet thread ...;D i have started this post as they where talking up there mono's and where spose to be fishing offshore this weekend as conditions where good apparently...please attach your reports here fellas for all of us who whimped out on the forcast this weekend::).. i know nitro and frenzy charters worked both days ...nitro got onto the mahi mahi yesterday..my deckie for the meet and greet work on nitro yesterday as the deckie ...hope you fellas havnt pulled the pin on the great weekend weather we had

cheers rosco

Humdinger
27-05-2012, 05:44 PM
hey rosco we went to tangalooma fri night . camped at the wrecks and partied through the wind and rain . got to the cape with the shy guys around 6 am . i stuffed the day up with a break down so we fished around the cape all day . wasn't a real bad day at the start pulled in a 88 cm kingy a mixed bag of snaps moses tusky pearl perch;D;D
but my day went from this
to this
to this at the ramp

there you go rosco we went out caught some good fish (sorry theres not more pics but wasn't in the mood for taking photo's )
engine troubles on the way (but i kept going ) seen me being towed back in the river .thanks to the shy guys and a $10 bunnings rope .
drama didn't stop there the t&t motor had decided to burn out and jammed itself down
so there was the next 3 hours unbolting a 225 hp outboard on a boat ramp . then waiting for my boys to bring the excavator down to lift it off .
all in all a very eventful day .
the engine problem ended up being minor (broken wire )
don't know why the trim stuffed up yet .
;D;D

Humdinger
27-05-2012, 05:48 PM
:stupid:oh forgot rosco . the boat will be fitted with a CAT by the end of the year . will still be a mono but powered with a pussy . is that close enough lol

shy guys
27-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Was a great weekend adventure out as stated above by humdinger we left humdinger at the cape and shot out to tempest only for 2 45 perlies was only out there for a hour shot back in to the cape and finished with a couple more Corel trout one at 50 and 43 then the adventure started

madmackrel
27-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Mate correct me if im wrong but dont you have a screw that can be loosened that releives the hydraulic pressure in the ram and allows the motor to be physically lifted or lowered?

shy guys
27-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Mad mackerel yer the manule release was seized as it was never used tried for two hours to undo the bolt then the call was made to get the excavator added to the adventure and another boating story

Humdinger
27-05-2012, 06:58 PM
:stupid:to add to the excitement was the experts at the ramp . they were trying to help but even i know when to walk away ;D;D

rosco1974
27-05-2012, 09:54 PM
yeah close enough mate,sorry to hear bout your motor troubles mate ...hope it is all sorted for the meet and greet

Humdinger
27-05-2012, 10:17 PM
yeah close enough mate,sorry to hear bout your motor troubles mate ...hope it is all sorted for the meet and greet

no worries will have it there with that motor on it . till i can find a leg that adapts to a 3208 cat . atleast if that breaks down i wont have to hang off the back of the boat in 15 knots and chop

TREVELLY
28-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Report and pics later today.

Went out Sat and Sun - Sat off Moreton - Sun The Banks (that got wild!) - Smithy was that you Southern end the Banks late morning Sunday - if so did you get anything - we really struggled Sunday?

Looks like you had fun Humdinger - we looked for you guys Northern end of Moreton as we went by about 7.30am didn't see you but we did go wide halfway along the top end out to Hutchies and wider then tried to phone you but had no phone reception there then thought we would find you at Tempest (Deep and Shallow) - nup.

Humdinger
28-05-2012, 07:10 AM
hey trev i didn't get past brennans shoal . shy guys went to tempest at about 10 . we headed back about 1 got to the ramp at the port at 5.30 .home about 8 . as for phone service . OPTUS IS CRAP . look forward to see how you went

now that the motor is off i am looking at some major renovations & upgrades

2IC
28-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Brett bad luck mate,,, just another story to tell with a coldy,, good to see no CONTAINER ships in photos HAAAAAha see you at the bait vs arty m&g

Humdinger
28-05-2012, 07:19 AM
geez 2ic i thought that had been forgotten :o;D

it'll be there just gotta find a tilt motor

netmaker
28-05-2012, 07:35 AM
that sounds horrible brett. good thing harry was out there too. at least the container ships were safe on your way back with harry driving;).

Humdinger
28-05-2012, 09:07 AM
ha ha ha thanks dave:stupid:

netmaker
28-05-2012, 12:30 PM
not only welcome mate, but a pleasure;D

Smithy
28-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Nope wasn't me Trev. It was Roger B and TCSuncoast on Blu Reela a Black Watch 280 possibly. They did it tough I think. I was surprised they were out there. I stuck in close Sunday getting out of the wind. I ended up near the blinker and had Offshore Fishing Mooloolaba and Oddysey Charters come back past me from a direction that was out at the banks.

TREVELLY
28-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Saturday went out from Scarby - water temp in bay 19 deg then once at Moreton and beyond 24 deg. Bait taken was squid, mullet and pillies.

Went to Hutchies for zip then out wide to 85m for a number of small pearlies all thrown back.

Then went to Deep Tempest about mid-morning.

Wind was a reasonable 15knots SW.

We caught small stuff to start with hussars, snapper and pearlies.

Jon did his plastics fisho impersonation catching this one and holding right up to the camera so you think it is a monster ;) :-

Funny thing was when it came to the surface it was spinning away and below it was a 4 foot long cobia wondering what the flop it was. I threw out some pillies and squid and then a livebait hussar - but no joy - oh well.

With the wind although it was a steady SW our drift was heading into the wind and East hmmmm - we soon found out why when we caught a few respectable fish we anchored hoping to get a burley trail happening. But as soon as the pilly hit the water it was 20m away in a nano-second. Current from the North was awesome - no chance of even getting a bait to the bottom anchored - so we resumed drifting.

I caught this one:-

We each caught a few of these, but here is Jon with his:-

With each respectable fish we have several of these to throw back:-

Jon did bring up to the side of the boat a very nice size tuskfish (about 4kg) just lip hooked and then ignoring the landing net alongside he lifted if halfway into the boat then splash - what I said to him :shout::furious::furious2::thumbsdown::stupid: - think I handled it pretty well ::)

Towards the end of the day we went in closer to Shallow Tempest to anchor up and get a burley trail going and fish into dark - was a great plan but resulted in absolutely zip - so after hours of throwing pilchard pieces over the side every 6 seconds and floating pillies down this till we gave up and left at 7.30pm.

It was a bumpy ride across the bay and no fun going across the the shallows at the NW corner of Moreton with wind and swell making for some steep waves and it was real dark too :-?.

Sunday the seabreeze was showing 10-15knots first up dropping to 10knots mid-day and 10-15knots end of day so off we went to The Banks

Yep 10-15knots to start with so we got the the Southern end and only found aquarium fish then went to the deeper 120m line and got a dozen undersized pearlies and one keeper.

The wind did not decrease to 10knots infact it increased to 15-20knots >:( The plan was if we caught fish at the Banks great we would stay there and with the wind decreasing we could keep heading north if the fish didn't play. But with the wind now at 20knots we went no further north than midway up The Banks and the fish weren't playing either :(.

We stuck it out at the 85m line for a keeper pearlie and more than a dozen just undersize pearlies all thrown back.

Last effort was a couple of marks on The Banks so the wind then went 20-25knots:-

When it reached a solid constant 25knots and real angry mid-arvo we went home:-

Got home about 7pm and missus said was thinking of you out there today as the weather here was so calm and hot - you must have had a wonderful time :wut::hammer: No current at The Banks - just a cyclone :-?

Anyway we all had a few :beer: and enjoyed barbecued :chef: pearlies and snapper so what the heck it was still a great weekend with mates trying :thumbsup:

shy guys
28-05-2012, 06:24 PM
When we were out at tempest sat mid morning found it hard to stay on the bottom but did get the 2 perlies we were using 16 ounce lead

Humdinger
28-05-2012, 06:34 PM
good 1 trev :thumbsup::2vrolijk_08:
i feel the same way . even with all the drama's was still a good trip away with a few good mates

no nagging from the missus to clean my shit up .
my drama's worked in my favor when i got home she even helped me clean the boat out :huh2::o with no :argue:

;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

TREVELLY
28-05-2012, 06:36 PM
When we were out at tempest sat mid morning found it hard to stay on the bottom but did get the 2 perlies we were using 16 ounce lead

Yeah it wan't easy out there drifting but when anchored it was just plain impossible :)

At Tempest we went to about 10 different marks till we caught some keepers so a lot of prospecting.

Trying to drift over a wreck was very difficult and very fast :stunned:

My downer was cleaning the boat today - 4 more cracks - 3 new ones, so it is out till strengthened :-?

2IC
28-05-2012, 06:53 PM
My downer was cleaning the boat today - 4 more cracks - 3 new ones, so it is out till strengthened :-?
More info pls
Cheers Bill

TREVELLY
28-05-2012, 07:18 PM
More info pls
Cheers Bill

The boat was welded up and they have held but the transom is cracking in new places as it flexes differently but obviously with insufficient strength not to tear apart.

I would say it is fatigued from previously breaking and wobbling and tearing and needs to be fully strengthened to work safely again. Will put pics on the other boating thread - nothing huge but will be if left as is.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?184226-Noble-Boat-lt-2yo-Cracked-and-Sinking&p=1387468#post1387468

:-?

TimD
28-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Trev sounds like you need a POLYCRAFT ;D

cheers tim :)

TREVELLY
29-05-2012, 05:05 AM
Trev sounds like you need a POLYCRAFT ;D
cheers tim :)

Leave plastic to the devoted plastic fisho :)

Humdinger
04-06-2012, 11:16 PM
thanks to cormorant . i should be going again by the weekend ;D;D:o. might have to do a test run out to netmakers spot:stupid::vrolijk_26::hammer:

shy guys
05-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Ill come along Bret seeing I got no work on