PDA

View Full Version : Side console conversion

astro66
25-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Just clicking a few things over in my head....
Have a 2007 4.5 brooker safari with a 2005 40 hp merc ...wanting to convert to side console...
Just wondering with the controls is it better to stick to a merc unit or can i use a yammi/suzuki/honda control unit with aftermarket cables?
Console/steering is not a problem..(im an ally fabricator) and selling to upgrade wasnt really an option as i know this motor is low hours/been looked after but what sort of money would it be worth if i went the upgrade path?
There are a few 04/05/06 yammi 4st 50/60s around for the 5k mark...how good are the yammi 4strokes ?
Thanks guys...:P

Shawn 66
26-05-2012, 03:01 AM
Just clicking a few things over in my head....
Have a 2007 4.5 brooker safari with a 2005 40 hp merc ...wanting to convert to side console...
Just wondering with the controls is it better to stick to a merc unit or can i use a yammi/suzuki/honda control unit with aftermarket cables?
Console/steering is not a problem..(im an ally fabricator) and selling to upgrade wasnt really an option as i know this motor is low hours/been looked after but what sort of money would it be worth if i went the upgrade path?
There are a few 04/05/06 yammi 4st 50/60s around for the 5k mark...how good are the yammi 4strokes ?
Thanks guys...:P
Bloody Good
Shawn