PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Trip Footage

Out-Station
25-05-2012, 11:37 AM
A bit of fun with some footage we took up at Fraser a couple of weeks back. Hopefully it gets us all inspired to organize our mates, hook the boats up, fill the tanks, leave the worries at home and get after em.

Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or9SM9oCli8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or9SM9oCli8)

Jerk n Wined
26-05-2012, 04:26 PM
not sure if its working mate..

Lucky_Phill
26-05-2012, 06:49 PM
nope, may have to try again...

LP

Out-Station
26-05-2012, 07:34 PM
All fixed now i think, give us shout if its not working.

Lucky_Phill
26-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Yep.. working fine.

Thanks.... I'll be there in 3 weeks.

cheers Phill

Captain Seaweed
26-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Nice Vid mate, great job. Gee that place has some memories for me!!! Thanks for sharing

Greg P
27-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Great video. That last shot of your boat running on the glass out is picture postcard perfect.

What sort of latch do you have on your boat winch with that rope release?

merseybluenose
27-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Would love to do a Fraser trip with the lads now I have a boat......whereabouts were you launching from?? Was it around Indian Head in the cove/beach area there?? Are there other places to launch from that have a boat ramp?? What was the house called that you stayed in and how far was it from where you launched?? Sorry to pick but you got me inspired!!

WalrusLike
27-05-2012, 08:41 AM
"Thanks for watching... See you next year"

Thanks for showing! Great footage great place. Looks like heaven.

fisho8
27-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Awsome mate some nice fish there bit hairy launching from the beach haha you guys mate it look easy not sure if I would like dunking my 4wd in salt water aswell with the boat. Looked like a perfect day on the water awsome place Fraser.

pig75
27-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Great video.
What sort of latch do you have on your boat winch with that rope release?
I would like to know what that release is too :o

Out-Station
27-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Gregp, notvsure what you call it, has a spring loaded captive pin type deal with a swinging bit that opens. My boat is set up to just roll straight so works good and means I'm nt trying to hold the boat up on the trailer with a rope or something whilst i get the hook of. I got mine at bias, rated at two tone frm memory.

Merseybluenose, we launch on the northern side of waddy near orchid where we stay about five min away, normally good gutters to run out of through the surf there. No boat ramps on Fraser, strictly beach launching. Various rental options in orchid. if your keen I would say go for a look see first, see what's involved in getting rigs up there and in the water and out of the water. Once you know the program it's easy enough to get setup etc. For us apart from the fishing it's great boating experience, nothing like poking down the down ramp onto the sand in the pre dawn and punching out the gutter as the sun pops it head up, just love it. Without being a bore though, like I said above, do your research first, gear up trailers etc and know the program in advance as it's not your regular stroll to the boatramp and out to sea although you probably know that already.

Scott

Cheer's Scott

wags on the water
27-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Sounds like you're using a snap shackle setup.

wags on the water
27-05-2012, 08:14 PM
A larger one of these?

Out-Station
27-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Wags, thats the one, i got one without the swivel bit as i saw that as the week point in the whole arrangement. Just has a fixed eye on the non opening end.

big_steve001
27-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Awesome footage mate it got me super keen for Fraser as I'm heading up there on Friday for our annual boys trip. Just a quick question on what sort or lures you used for the macs and roughly how far out did u get the fish. Any help would be great

Out-Station
27-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Big Steve, we found macks on the north gardners (on the various higher peaks, mainly on the northern end) and then the normal old macky area about 2 mile straight out from indian on the gravel, think its about 40m there from memory. Wahoo were on north gardners. We also got a spanish p and sandy cape shoals but didn't really fish for them up there. Were also a few by allaccount in close on waddy. Spanish were going pretty good when we were there.

I'm a bait troller more than lures, i was getting them on gar, the others were getting them on halcos.

big_steve001
28-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Cheers mate yeh we normally try and use bait for trolling to but last year the tailor were very hard to find when we went up so had to use lures I'll make to take up some gar as well. Also how were the reefies biting on the reef?

Beatsworkin2
04-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Awesome going in September looks like u had fun no dought launch video was great also and lures of choice would be Halco laser pros190 and giant tremblers can get macs as close as 1 k off beach at nagala rocks

samsy
05-06-2012, 06:03 AM
inspiring video fellas