PDA

View Full Version : quick fish before the wind got up

nigelr
25-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Backed up from the morning before to make the best of the bar conditions while they last. Knew the NW was imminent so was ready to bail with the first gusts...
Within 5 mins of the first drop "hooked" this longtail must have been the unluckiest fish in the sea....not hooked at all but tail-wrapped by the trace! Best run I've ever had, prolly 150m at least, thought I was going to be spooled!
Moved a couple of Ks downwind after this, and had another similar express-style run but thankfully spat the hook, one of these is enough! Slow trip home into the stiffening NW!
Hordes of sharks and not much else; previous day was glorious on the water but very quiet apart from the sharks....did manage the one snapper though.
Lontail went 13.5kg, snapper 7.4kg, both cleaned. Tuna on a floating pilly, snapper on tailor fillet. Mac tuna will make some good tailor bait for the next outing!

frankgrimes
25-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice work mate - Landing that LT tail wrapped is unbelievable!

Looks like a decent sized snap too.

*edit* - just saw you added the weights....yeah, damn fine effort on the LT, and great snap!

Mick

nigelr
25-05-2012, 12:43 PM
lol, yeah Frank, I had no idea what it was as I dragged it to the boat, it came tail-first, I thought it was a baby black or something; all I could see at first was it's tail approaching half out of the water!