PDA

View Full Version : Sanctury Cove Boat Show May 2012

Chimo
23-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Is there interest in attending this years boat show?

Looking at the SCBS website there seem to be a lot of exhibitors who may not be there either unless they are doubling up on sites. Is that so?

Any / many planning on going or just using the discount offers from the retailers like wworths etc and just shopping off site?

Cheers
Chimo

PinHead
23-05-2012, 07:05 PM
nah..not going this year..not in the market for anything.

Marlin_Mike
23-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Like any other show, boat or tarde show............................ Just brings alot of retailers under one roof. IMHO never alot of bargains at them. If you shop around, you can generally get a better deal at anytime of the year in the normal market. dealer numbers at shows have been dropping for years, due to the cost of the show stand, and the cost of getting vessels to and from the show. I'll keep my entry fee in my pocket and stay home.

Mike

mal555
23-05-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm planning on going, thinking about Friday to beat the crowds but the weather looks a bit dodgy.

themerlin
23-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Club marine members get in free in the week so I might go have a drool

lucee81
23-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Never been to one so if I get a chance will pop on down.

wayno60
24-05-2012, 01:05 AM
The ol girl and i are going sunday for a squiz. Theres a few bits and pieces i need for the tinnie. ill see what the prices are like.

Muddy Toes
24-05-2012, 02:04 AM
The ol girl and i are going sunday for a squiz. Theres a few bits and pieces i need for the tinnie. ill see what the prices are like.

I hope for your sake that Isuzu girl from the Tinnie and Tackle show isn't there mate.........that's one cat fight I don't want to see on Sunday.

PinHead
24-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Never been to one so if I get a chance will pop on down.

if you have not been previously, be aware there is no parking on site. You park at Movieworld and get the shuttle bus over. At least that is better than the old way of parking at Parklands and bus all the way back.

lucee81
24-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Cheers for that. i may go to see what its all about.

TREVELLY
24-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Would like to go but . . . I've got mates up and we're going fishing :) both days ;D

Chimo
24-05-2012, 09:52 AM
15% off tag for W Worths arrived in the mail this AM so even tho Club Marine tag gives free entry still cannot get excited enough to go. Sad really but..............

AnthonyL
24-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I have saved thousands buying two boats from boat shows. We go to this one every year just for a look around but am rostered on VMR this weekend so will miss it.

wayno60
24-05-2012, 11:36 PM
MT,
mate theres nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy....specially the isuzu girls.
theres be no cat fights... the ol girl knows i know what side my breads buttered.

Argle
25-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Who said you need to buy anything to make the show a worthwhile event to attend??? For me its a great day out - take the missus and kids and enjoy checking out heaps of boats!! Beats the sh@t out of staying home!

Beatsworkin2
25-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Reason for small show is 6by6stand= about$12000 and seems people are not buying why waste the money

themerlin
25-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Most things at the boat show where a few million beyond my budget.

captain rednut
27-05-2012, 08:36 PM
any other feedback about the boat show today anyone??? i missed out so keen to find out what people think.
cheers cr

Grand_Marlin
27-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Very quiet, very small.
Most exhibitors I spoke to said business was steady but worthwhile.
There was a huge absence of boats. Please correct me if I am wrong but Cruisecraft & Haines Signature were both absent as well as many others.
I wasn't there to price things but a number of people have told me what they paid for certain items... It appears many exhibitors were selling at cost.

gofishin
27-05-2012, 09:32 PM
...Please correct me if I am wrong but Cruisecraft & Haines Signature were both absent as well as many others... Yep! No HH's, trailerable GRP cats, Sea Legends, Nobles ;) and more! There were a few imports (fishing boats) though.

Had a good look over a nice 29 Grady bridge deck. 20 - 30 yrs ago there were a few Aussie bridgedeck fishing boats, now there are none to my knowledge.
Cheers
Brendon

Muddy Toes
27-05-2012, 10:45 PM
One of the first things I noticed was that Haines and Cruisecraft were missing too Pete......only because they're usually in the same spots each year right near the entrance.

There were trailerable cats there in the form of Kevlacats but they were moored and I don't think any nobles were there because they're usually there from Cunninghams Marine, one mob I couldn't find however were Yamaha surprisingly enough.
Thought that overall compared to previous years there were less exhibitors and there were definitely less people there on the Sunday as opposed to last year.
I bought some Reelax helm seats today at a pretty good discount so I'm happy with that.

One thing that still plagues me though was trying to work out who was hotter out of the Simrad, Lowrance or Sea Doo chicks.........even after many a casual stroll past .

wayno60
28-05-2012, 02:06 AM
spewin..... ended up having to work....sound like i didnt miss much.

Marlin_Mike
28-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Boat companies were missing for a couple of reasons;

Cost of stand too high bordering on outrageous.
Getting the boats there and back after the show too costly, too risky insurance wise, inlcuding staff costs to transport and set up display
Business at the shows dwindling so cost of having the display stand isnt worth it, they can do as much business at normal outlets.

Mike

mal555
29-05-2012, 08:06 AM
One thing that still plagues me though was trying to work out who was hotter out of the Simrad, Lowrance or Sea Doo chicks.........even after many a casual stroll past .

I was quietly impressed by the presentation of lovely ladies through-out the show :) Unfortunately being a first timer, made the rookie mistake of not going in early enough and didn't really get around everything on display.
The venue at Santuary Cove is visually the perfect location compared to other eastern state shows, not just shoved into a big shed.

I'm not surprised by the stall holder site cost being so high after considering the logistics of the extensive and labour intensive Movieworld park and ride set up, live band etc..
Show staff were very pleasant right across the board and nothing was a problem.

Coming from interstate and combining the show with events like "Blues on Broadbeach" over the weekend, I'm looking forward to next year!

EdBerg
29-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I went early on Saturday with the missus and it was a really nice day, picked up a boat hatch which I was looking for, it was the only one they had in the size I needed and it was discounted down from about $365 down to $218, so handed over the plastic and picked it up on the way out. Forgot to buy the 6 marine charts I wanted till I was on the bus halfway to Movie World, they were down from $35 to $25. damn! Oh well... next show.

Also looking for a 4-6hp outboard but apart from Mercury, there was very little in the way of brand name outboards in the small sizes and from what I could tell, those that were were pretty much around normal retail prices.

Got onboard a couple of nice large boats which ranged from 1/4M$ up to 3.5M$ (some of which could also chew up 700lt/hr diesel) now which pair of pants did I put the couple of $Mill spare change in ;D. A few of them were sold on the show but I would have to have a whole heap more 0's in my bank account.:'(

There was a nice Prowler 10.4mt cat which we liked powered up by a pair of 60HP 4 stroke outboards which according to them would push it along at about 20Knots for 250K, So with a pair of 70 or 80's on the back would be really nice.

There were the usual nice skimpy clad Promo Girls walking around, not that I was looking with the missus next to me. ;D Overall it was a good day out but got busy in the afternoon. Now have to go and to look for a small new outboard at a price I can live with.