PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Moreton Saturday.

lightsout76
20-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Hey All,

Did a trip offshore on saturday. Headed out through south passage at about 6am, first time offshore since Feb for me and that's a long time, so off to the 70 to 80m line east of moreton and things were very quiet there we searched and drifted and searched and drifted and to no avail so we made the call to head out wide to square patch.

Got out there had a search around and went over the same drama again search and drift search and drift, ended up boating 1 cobia that was 85cm of course no monster but the 1st fish in the box after 5 hours so our spirits were up.

After that we started getting some good hits and then we started getting onto some good fish which were getting smashed on the way up by freight trains, suspicions were sharks and after we finally got the 6th fish to the surface being a snapper head belonging to what would of been around a 60 odd cm fish we decided to make our way in.

We stoppped around the 50m line o the way in and found some good ground and had a drop i hooked up straight away but the hooks let go after about 30 secs cause i didn't get a solid hook up.

Second drop and i hooked up again and pulled up a nice fish of 86cm and went 7.9kg on the digi scales, so i was very happy my first fish in months. After that we ended up putting another 5 squire in the box between 45 and 55cm and had to leave them biting.

So after a very slow start to the day ended up with a satisfying finish and better yet fresh fish in the freezer again.

Sorry didn't get any pics of the others but they were nothing much to brag about, haha.

Cheers,
Leon.

shy guys
21-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Well done mate nice fish there

outta line
21-05-2012, 07:05 AM
well done mate very nice fish...think you've set your bar high for your fist snapper of the season...lol... good to here you got out on the water mate....lets hope next weekend plays the game......... cheers mick

lightsout76
21-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Not wrong there Mick, definitely high expectations for the season after that one, ha ha!!

Yeah hopefully the weathers good next weekend, fingers crossed.