PDA

View Full Version : Reports on Tailor and Salmon ?

Gordie
18-05-2012, 06:49 AM
G'day fellas mate and I are at Evans Head chasing Tailor and Salmon for the next 9/10 days. Just some very small choppers coming in at present

Any reports of the mobs coming up the coast. We are prepared to travel if necessary.

Regards Gordon

fandtm666
18-05-2012, 05:54 PM
we are going to give the Hastings ago tomorrow night, have seen the pro
mullet fisho's about over the last 2 weeks so hoping the tailor have followed
them up and the water temp has dropped in the last week

bondy99
18-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Gordie,

I'm also going down to Evans Head and elsewhere if I know they are about.

fandtm666,

I heard the mullet is being caught bigtime. would be nice to see the action on video , one day I guess.

I too am chasing tailor.

Bondy

Gordie
19-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Small tailor only being caught from the breakwater and beach as of friday night. I will put a note here if anything better appears.

Regards Gordon

spindles
19-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Gordon
I saw about 20 fishermen in a group fishing a gutter just north of cabarita at 6.45am today (saturday).
but I didn't watch long enough to see anything caught.
Spindles

stonecold
19-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Where are you fishing Gordon...few little fellas up at Ballina. Bigger fish on strip baits of bonito or mullet after dark

fandtm666
19-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Gordon
I saw about 20 fishermen in a group fishing a gutter just north of cabarita at 6.45am today (saturday).
but I didn't watch long enough to see anything caught.
Spindles

Yep thats were we are of to tonight ( 6 of us ) lets hope the buggers are about

Gordie
19-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Stonecold, we are fishing from the north wall of the river and sometimes along the beach.

Still only the very small tailor coming in. They can't even bite the tail off a soft plastic.
Guess we will check each day for something bigger and keep listening for reports.

Gordon

fandtm666
19-05-2012, 08:05 PM
well we got a few small choppers nothing to get excited about tonight at cabba

stonecold
20-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Gordie, rare that the bigger tailor come in on the wall...best bet is to head up the beach towards salty lake if you have access to a 4wd. Other alternative is to head over to the headland to the sth of the river, couple of good ledges over there. Have a chat with Neil at the bait shop, he'll give you directions. Go for a walk at lunch time and have a look at the best spots. Unfortunately they shouldnt be hard to find due to "some" filthy basta*ds leaving their rubbish behind. Other alternative if you havn't got a 4wd is to drive up to broadwater where there are several access tracks to the beach north of salty lake or further up towards Ballina on patches beach. I'll see if I can get you a mud map

stonecold
20-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Have a look at access for these areas mate

Gordie
21-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks Stonecold great advice. We will have another fisherman here by mid week and we should have done both spots by weeks end.
Will give you a report by then. Thanks again.

Gordon

stonecold
22-05-2012, 07:17 AM
If all else fails mate try Sth wall Ballina only 25 mins or so from Evans..swells up on Friday Sat..there might be a bonus jew about. Ive gotta work but Rabbi should be about.

rabbi
24-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Woohoo, Payback. I'll send you some pics m8;D

stonecold
24-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Its OK I think Ive managed to catch them all ;-)

Gordie
26-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks fellas, we have had a little success. Still very little Tailor of the wall at the river mouth, some reports up the beach but we had a little more success on Chinamans beach. Pulled in a few keeper Tailor.
Thanks Stonecold, I will sen you a PM as we tried out a new lure, you can put it out for all to see if you think it is worthwhile. If I spruce about it here I will cop a lot of flack I am sure.

Regards Gordon

Gordie
27-05-2012, 07:08 AM
iPad is a little hard here hope it reads OK