PDA

View Full Version : mercury optimax

nother one
17-05-2012, 03:59 PM
does any one use all the mercury fuel additives to run through their engines

bigjimg
17-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Yep,I put in the correct dose every 20hrs.Probably should do it more often if doing alot of trolling.It is in the engine handbook as added at each fill.I only ever use premium so i figure that cleans in itself.Jim

OPTI
17-05-2012, 06:58 PM
yeah i just use the no 1and 2 in every 3rd tank full.230hrs and all good so far

Blusta
17-05-2012, 07:00 PM
No. I use 98 octane most of the time. So far no issues in 5 and a half years. I run the engine for 15 minutes in a water bag every 2-3 weeks if I am unable to fish. Having said that, the more I use it the sweeter it sounds.

nother one
18-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Without checking there is three types
One for every tank fill
One for every 20 hrs or so to clean engine
One to put when fuel is going to sit for a while so it doesnt go stale
Is this correct

wags on the water
18-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Do you blokes put additives in your mower when it sits for more than a month without starting? My opti is over 400hrs with no dramas without adding additives and the mower is over 10yrs old.

shane450
18-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Do you blokes put additives in your mower when it sits for more than a month without starting? My opti is over 400hrs with no dramas without adding additives and the mower is over 10yrs old.

400hrs is nothing and you don t rely on your mower to bring you home safely do you :)

When you think about it though, if you sell your motor with lowish hours this extra maintenance we all do really benefits the next owners mostly or the blokes who own them when they are at two thousand hours , they will be in far better condition if looked after early in their life ...

bigjimg
19-05-2012, 08:17 AM
The Quicksilver Quickleen is the one I use.I got no problems using it,can't hurt and if it does even the slightest good then money well spent.And yes Wags I treated the mower to a cocktail,it's going on 16yrs and the spark plug has never been replaced.I reckon it has reduced the mowing time due to the fact the engine is running that much sweeter.I can even go inside and sit down with beer in hand and the mower does the lawn all by itself,thanking me for providing such a gift.
How do you get away with letting the mower sit for a month,do you own a machette.Shame on you for your mower abuse,you fiend....Jim