PDA

View Full Version : Quick 2 hour session, 15 Mile off Bundy.

Tinshack
12-05-2012, 08:55 PM
The weather was absolutely beautiful today so just had to be on the water doing something. Have been thinking for a while about taking my son offshore for his first trip. Today was good, 5 knot winds & bugger all swell.

15 Mile was the destination, didn't want big reef fish as he would have struggled, few tusk & sweetlip was the target species. Put on his life jacket & headed for Ryans to get some live bait, didn't get a lot maybe a dozen then headed off for northern part of 15 Mile gutter.

Sounded around and found a good show, so anchored up and the bites started coming on thick & fast. My son was a bit anxious at first as he hadn't been offshore before but once his little 5 foot rod loaded up he was pumping & winding like a champion. At first he was outdoing me & my dad as he had 3 on board before any of us even started.

Started fishing at 2 and finished at 4, ended up with some good solid tusk fish, a few sweetlip, spangled emperor & a 4kg mac. There were some stonkers I hooked on the live baits but just couldn't stop, we caught n released half a dozen 6-8 kg chinaman fish, other than that it was a great afternoon. My son has certainly caught the fishing bug, he hasn't stopped talking about going again since we got back, I couldn't be prouder ;D.

Cheers,
Dave.

Horse
12-05-2012, 09:19 PM
How good was that. Great weather and some nice fish to get the fishing bug to bite the little fella nice and hard. You should have a convert

Stewey
12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Nice one tinshack,

I went back up to 5 deg. 1 grassy, 2 stripeys, 3 unstoppables. Sounder problems didnt help.

Was a great day tho.

Regards

Stewey

Chas & Clarry
12-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Now that really is what it is all about! Great catch , good day, happy lad, happy dad...Great post, thanks

Tim and Trace

Tinshack
12-05-2012, 09:35 PM
How good was that. Great weather and some nice fish to get the fishing bug to bite the little fella nice and hard. You should have a convert

Hey Neil, I have been waiting patiently for those words "Dad can you take me fishing some time". The next day we were straight into Tackle World, rod, gimble belt, reel, he is certainly kitted out.

Are you coming to 1770 in Sept?

Bull
12-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Top stuff Dave I bet your wrapped to have taken your young fella out and great to see that you got onto some fish.

Hey Stewey glad to see you getting some fish and having fun on the water.

Tinshack
12-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Top stuff Dave I bet your wrapped to have taken your young fella out.

Over the moon ;D! Hopefully the start of many trips to come. He is already asking what we are doing next weekend, good stuff.

madmackrel
13-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Goodwork fellas, great to see a father and son team in action. will be great to catch up at 1770 mate.
cheers perry

cobiaman
13-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Good on you dave, some nice fish there and a memorable trip for your son

Horse
13-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Hey Neil, I have been waiting patiently for those words "Dad can you take me fishing some time". The next day we were straight into Tackle World, rod, gimble belt, reel, he is certainly kitted out.

Are you coming to 1770 in Sept?

Yea Dave. I will be up there one way or another. I'm still working on a couple of options and hope to be staying out on the reef itself for most of the time. I just have to get everything to line up properly.