PDA

View Full Version : meet and greet prefish

rosco1974
12-05-2012, 04:30 PM
took the oldman and my youngfella for a fish out off moreton this morning...bloody great conditions and we managed a nice little feed,we pretty well put a fish in the box every drift but towards the end it was a struggle we ended up with 11 keepers i got 5 squire a pearlie and a nice tuskie,the young fella got the bigger pearlie and a pan snapp and the oldman got 2 pan snapps as well...the oldman had an ordinay day due to loosing 2 good fish to the sharks 1 was a good sized snapp i recon around the 80+cm mark going by the head as that was all we got back from the shark...i tried the new squid vicous gulp on a 1oz elevator jig and got a few fish on it...i got a keeper squire and the smaller pearlie on it...so in the end it was BAIT 9 to ARTI 2;D.going by the radio chat it was a little quiet out there..all the bait caught fish was on a 2 hook snelled pillie with a dayoo special 1 oz egg sinker79941799387993979940
cheers rosco

ps the youngfell is holdin the fish with the arti in its mouth as i couldn't lower myself to get a pic taken with the arti sh#t

TimD
12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
You told me you caught all those fish on the gulps :-X

cheers tim :)

timddo
12-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Bugger, condition on the godly was ummm. 1.7 meter waves. 20 knot winds. This was at the 36 fathom. Looks like I gotta make some glow egg sinkers then.

rosco1974
12-05-2012, 05:33 PM
yeah tim all on bait except the 2...rest on pillies...will deffinately be using the squid vicous on the dead stick from time to time though...

tim did you get any fish mate...sounds like a hard day

dayoo
13-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Nice effort Rosco. Lucky you took along some glow eggies;D
Yesterday I powder coated egg sinkers in 3/4, 1 and 1.5oz for the bait fishos.
Got an invite to the Power boat anglers meeting tomorrow night so no doubt they will clean me out of stock.

Brian (Popgun 19) did an overnighter off Moreton on Friday and Saturday and bagged out on snapper and the extra weight resulted in his boat running out of fuel 300 metres from the ramp;D

Cheers
Barry

timddo
13-05-2012, 07:37 AM
yeah tim all on bait except the 2...rest on pillies...will deffinately be using the squid vicous on the dead stick from time to time though...

tim did you get any fish mate...sounds like a hard day

Just a trag and undersize squire. My next trip is moreton;D in spot X.

madmackrel
13-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Good to see mate must be great fishing with three generations of roscos, think i saw you fuelling up on friday night.
Cheers Perry

Timfishin4fun
13-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Bugger, condition on the godly was ummm. 1.7 meter waves. 20 knot winds. This was at the 36 fathom. Looks like I gotta make some glow egg sinkers then.

Don't know where you were to be in those conditions, max it got to was 12knts, just with a westerly if feels worse.

Timbo

rosco1974
13-05-2012, 09:04 AM
yeah perry i towed down to fuel up...where you at the woolworths servo..i though it was you....how did you go yesterday get anything..

Blindfreddy
13-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I encounted winds of 10-15knts (more coming out of my deckies pants) and the swell was at best 1m maybe 1.285m and long periods between each set. The chop and racing current made it difficult to stand in the boat whilst sipping champagne (the missus wasn't happy with the deckies actions...). There was buggerall wind in close, not enough to stop the blowflies in the tinny. Nothing shits me more than blowflies. Strangely enough we managed to pull the fish out of the area. Glow eggs and anything artificial didn't work. Trag were taking baits offered either on the bottom or a few meters from the plug - even taking livies meant for oldman snap.

How did you guys go?
Cheers,
BF

madmackrel
13-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah mate that was us , didnt to any good ,mate nothing on the jigs and only managed an 8kg mack tuna a couple of squire and some tailor. Fingers crossed for the M&G
Cheers Perry

rosco1974
13-05-2012, 07:56 PM
hope the weather plays the game next weekend.keen to have another look outside..i heard a rumor u even hit up mud friday nite

madmackrel
14-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Yeah mate spent the nite there till about three am.

popgun19
16-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Nice feed for just a few hors work, you know that area well.

Well done,

Cheers,
Brian