PDA

View Full Version : What is this site - Bag out a company or fishing forum ??

softplasticsdude79
12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
This has no direct links to any posts whether new or old.

RANT -

Im just a little sick of logging on and finding a new post about "blah blah - Its a bad company - buyer beware - Dont buy here or there blah blah "

Dont want to be taken the wrong way,but its becoming a frequent event on this forum,and no doubt would be affecting the trade of some companies,when at the end of the day,

ALL COMPANIES HAVE BAD DAYS.

I have been in Retail my whole career,and whilst its only halfway through (17 years working),i have seen enough problems/errors,bad customer service and negative comments amongst the few companies i have worked for and from personal shopping experiences,to understand,its not a perfect world.Sure,some days,you will get no service,will get the wrong advice or the wrong part.,But WE ALL HAVE BAD DAYS,think about your own work,do you have things go wrong,yeah,sure you do,If you say no,you would be one a very limited few.

There are plenty of reasons companies suffer bad days,Unexpected growth/sales,Staff absent,new staff/lack of knowledge,manufacturer delays/issues and people are people,although they shouldnt let it effect there work,some have plenty of personal problems,or are unable to deal with high pressure days.There will be reasons a company may or may not supply a certain line,or why they charge higher than other outlets,Its a free world,Shop around,But no need to bag them out for there off day.

Yes,there are a small few who probably deserve a reasonable internet flogging,but most probably dont,because 1 customer or forum member has a bad experience,what about the other 100 satisfied customers who do not log onto these forums or comment.

We all seem to have the knowledge or expertise to run or manage a company whilst we are on the end of a keyboard,if not,we seem to be very good at telling them what they are doing right and wrong,its starting to sound like a youtube clip,with experts everywhere except doing the clip themselves.

i know there will be a few who disagree,but without these smaller outlets around,we will be dominated by BCF and the OS internet market,which in turn,will directly affect the long term industry and in particular "Us" the consumer.

support your local outlet,give the manager constructive feedback,but dont flog them out on the net,unless you have been ripped off fair and square,which if thats the case,id be glad to hear your experience.

Adam

Lucky_Phill
12-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Adam, if search around again you will also see many many reports of good / great service.

The thing with " telling " of ones experience at as particular business, gives a heads up to potential users of that business, not necessarily put them off.

example... Andy's thread in 4 x 4 forum.

Definately agree that all business's have an off day or bda situation or things just simply do not pan out as they should and I think 99% of us accept that.

Busines's will get a floggin when they deny any issues, fail to respond and lie. With the advent of the " cyber world " there is only 2 degress of seperation within the population, hence word will spread faster than the speed of light.

The internet can be your friend if in business, comes to terms with, embrace it and utilize it.

I also believe most of us would really prefer to use a local business, providing that business has pricing within the scope of internet and OS business's. Depending on the item, a local business with a higher price will be superior over other areas of retail, due to hands on consumer advocacy and POS warranty and dispute resolution.

I also think that most who have a grievence here, have taken it up with the service or product provider in the first instance and may have not received a satisfactory outcome.

I personally will not shop at certain larger chains due to complete lack of service ( in all areas ) and am prepared to pay a higher price from someone that knows the product / service. There is also the times when I know exactly what I want and will simply hit a few keystrokes and have it delivered to my door.

It is true in all aspects of dissatisfaction, that one usually hears about the 1 bad experience and not about 100's of good ones. There is also " constructive critisism ".

Many business's now use FB as their sounding board and to respond to customer issues... they get the IT era !

cheers LP

Dicktracey
12-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Adam I agree 100% mate, lets hope the boredom slips as the weather improves and we all get back to fishing :)

charleville
12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Lucky Phill. (Now there's something new!)

Retail has to move with the times. I am quite happy to support local business as long as they don't insult me by price gouging or giving me bad customer service or are just dumb by techniquing me with trial close questions etc that are kindergarten sales training stuff. (Yup - I used to be a sales manager in a competitive industry and know the difference.)

Actually, one "local" business that has surprised me is Mo Tackle at Coff's Harbour. I have heard a lot about them but have never bought anything from them. I clicked on to them last night from a banner advert (It might have been on Ausfish - I cannot remember) and saw that their prices for some of my favourite Gamakatsu hooks were far below those at BCF and enough so to justify the postage charge. That impressed me as I don't expect to find something as mundane as hooks to vary much across retailers.

Local retailers really do have to move with the times. The internet is here. If you cannot turn back the tide, you cannot change how the internet gets used either. Retailers might as well adapt ....... or die.