PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies to pt lookout

tinsanity
09-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Left Cleveland boat ramp Saturday round 2pm to fish hutchies and the rbc comp over the weekend.trolled Hutchies for a heap of Mack tuna.never seen them so thick!but also thick was the sharks.kept one for bait and as the sun went down started making our way south for a night fish.fished 80m line on a few wide reefs for a 8kilo dolly caught straight underneath the boat and almost jumped straight in.very little after that so came in close for a few drifts scored a 4.5 kilo spangle and then a bust off and then went quiet so moved up towards the cape and anchored for the night.had a floater out back and caught a 2kg grassy around midnight then slept till sunrise.moved back out wide for morning bite period and started getting some numbers on the board with 3 big pearlys biggest goin just under 2.8kilo.also coming aboard was a 9kilo king caught floating down a pillie and around 7 squire to around 3.5kilo then the sharks moved in and we were forced to move back in closer to try for spaniard slow trolling in the shallows.after recruiting some lives we trolled for around 2 hrs for no strikes.pulled the plug on that and tried some softies in around 35metres just wide of there.1 nice hook up on a 7 inch pearl white which took it while cranking it back to start a new drift but headed straight for home and promptly won its freedom.so was getting on in the day and slowly made our way down south to the patch where the shows were amazing and the water was glass!full moon also.jagged 1 solid trag around 4 kilo but other than that they were off the bite.we moved further south off point lookout to anchor for the night and fish some floaters with some burley.the rest of the night was epic to say the least we nailed around 6 big spangles in a row ranging from 4 to 6 kilo losing some bigger models also.then a school of Mack tuna moved in and after about 6 of them we had a break and stopped fishing and burleying for around an hour before we started again then was greated by a big 10kilo green job fish! Followed by another 2 spangles around 4 to 5 kilos and a yellowfin tuna then a few more bust offs then we left them biting to get some sleep for a troll in the morning before we had to come back in for the weigh in.got up first light and set the spread out and nearly straight away hooked a 10kilo wahoo which after a few nice runs was squeezed in the esky.quiet after that so had a quick drop on a nice show for a parrot and hooked a really nice one that went 5.5 kilo!! So back home to get cleaned up for the weigh in.loaded the fish that were destined to be weighed in into a more manageable esky to take down. We got biggest parrot 5.5kilo,3rd pearly 2.790kilo,4th spangle 6.1 kilo.i also had a trag 4 kilo and a 2kg grassy which I left at home in the other esky because I didn't know they were a species as I haven't fished this comp before and would have won their respective categories...bummed!our final tally of fish was 7squire to 3.5kilo ,8 spangled emporer to 6.1 kilo,3 pearlies to 2.7kilo,2 Moses,grassy,4kg trag,10kilo wahoo,8kilo dolly,9kilo kingy,10kg job fish,yellowfin tuna and quite A few Mack tuna.not bad goin for 2 guys fishin for 2 nights I reckon! Il post some pics in the next few days when I get a chance

lethal
09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
What an awesome trip!!

honda900
09-05-2012, 05:10 PM
great trip..

Regards
HOnda.

Boab Bribie
09-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Where's the pic's good to hear you got onto some fish and the weather was in you favour.

bigjimg
09-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Great going mate,now go and get some potatoes looks like you'll need them.Jim

5100vr
10-05-2012, 10:27 AM
nice trip mate keen to see some piccys :)

Horse
10-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Jobbie sounds like a cracker. Top trip