PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Sell Outboards for parts on the Gold Coast?

HeadBanger
08-05-2012, 07:32 PM
G'day all,

Looking to be pointed in the right direction here. I have an old Suzuki 3.5hp and 6hp Evinrude Fisherman that aren't in working order. I'm sick of having them lying around, and I'm looking to sell them ASAP. Where would the best place to sell them be on the Gold Coast? Not too concerned about how much I get for them, I know they're not worth much.

Cheers,
Kaidon

Muddy Toes
08-05-2012, 07:36 PM
I traded my old outboard with Broardwater Boating Center late last year and they said they would on sell it to a wholesaler on the coast that does them up and wrecks some for parts....maybe ask them for his details.

finga
08-05-2012, 07:43 PM
chuck them on evilbay
Some goose will pay money for them especially the 3.5.
What's wrong with them?
Cheers Alfred

HeadBanger
08-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Don't know my way around an outboard too well, I can replace spark plugs and fix minor things, but that's about it.

The 3.5 has been screwing up since I bought it about 2 years ago, and I've been told it has impeller problems now by a mate's dad. It was going fine until I filled my tinny with a fair bit of gear for a camping trip and it decided to blow a tonne of smoke and give up the ghost.

The 6hp is seized, and the plate connecting the throttle handle to the engine itself is snapped in two. It does start after about 5 pulls, but the only way to change speed is to get a set of pliers in a tight gap and pull on a piece of metal. I decided this was a bad idea after my mate almost lost his fingers to the flywheel.

I have considered fixing them myself, but I'm in my last year of school now and just don't have the time. I don't get much time fishing as it is, and don't have time to be stuffing around with engines when I just want to enjoy myself. If anyone on here wants them for any reason, give us a yell and I'll sort something out.

Cheers guys,
Kaidon

goat boy
08-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Isn't there an outboard wreckers at Yatala? They may take them, dunno for how much though....failing that, you're in a good area to try an offload something like old outboards....wack em on gumtree or something?

HeadBanger
08-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Isn't there an outboard wreckers at Yatala? They may take them, dunno for how much though....failing that, you're in a good area to try an offload something like old outboards....wack em on gumtree or something?

Yeah I've bought a few parts for the Suzuki from the one in Yatala. I wonder if they want to buy their own parts back..... hahaha

finga
09-05-2012, 07:26 AM
How old is the Envinrude??
I may be interested but I like the old, old ones.
Where on the Gold Coast are you?? Top or bottom end.

Cheers Alfred.