PDA

View Full Version : Bribie boat sales

nother one
08-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey there has anyone had any dealings with bribie boat sales with buying boats and also servicing and fitting out of boats

Tim_N
08-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Have bought new trailer and a new Mercury outboard from them recently and they have been excellent.
Good honest people too, recommend them highly.
Tim

Tailortaker
08-05-2012, 03:47 PM
I bought my new boat there, they were great to deal with. Couldn't recommend them high enough ! They looked after me extremely well.

PADDLES
08-05-2012, 06:20 PM
me three, bought a hull/bimini from them about 14 months ago and they were up-front and good to deal with

fat-buoy
09-05-2012, 09:42 AM
A friend of mine got a second hand job off them a while back.. he was happy with the people and service etc at the time but has since found that the motor is not in as good a condition as made out to be... he is now considering having to repower or sell the boat and buy another etc...

My not entirely be the fault of the boat yard but I think a simple compression test on the motor would have flagged the issues he is having.. comes back to buyer beware though hey.

choppa
09-05-2012, 10:24 AM
i think (and maybe Grant will confirm) that this yard has had a change of ownership since it first "arrived" on Bribie,,,early days of there operation was dismal,,, personally i haven't stepped back in there after the crap that i was informed back then,,,, so its good to read that there performance has changed by what others have experienced

choppa

PADDLES
09-05-2012, 12:53 PM
yep, choppa's right, i thought everyone might have known it's now owned by one of the nichols family. i think they were wynnum marine weren't they? are they the same family that are cruisecraft as well?

Mrs Ronnie H
09-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi
Started reading this and thought there must of been a change of owners somewhere along the line to see such nice comments appearing in this thread.

Ronnie

Tim_N
09-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes Bribie Boat Sales is now owned by Danny and Sharon Nichols, has been for a little while now.
Great couple with really nice kids too.
As a Bribie local, they are getting lots of good feedback, so they are doing plenty right.
Tim

fishfeeder
09-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Had my motor serviced there after I bought it and they were great to deal with and would go back there if I lived closer..

Cheers

Tailortaker
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
That's right, Danny got out of the family business to relocate and bought bribie boat sales. He has done a brilliant job turning the business around providing excellent service. Everyone there is very helpful and cheerful and always willing to help. I hope that the positive feed back keeps on coming as this is one business that deserves the support to continue for years to come.
Cheers, Grant

PADDLES
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
absolutely TT, the caboolture/bribie area has had a few suss marine businesses over the years so it's handy to have a good one. fyi one of my mates uses the spinnaker workshop for mercruiser service and rates them highly for both workmanship and customer service and he's a bit of a tricky customer too.

softplasticsdude79
10-05-2012, 05:49 PM
absolutely TT, the caboolture/bribie area has had a few suss marine businesses over the years so it's handy to have a good one. fyi one of my mates uses the spinnaker workshop for mercruiser service and rates them highly for both workmanship and customer service and he's a bit of a tricky customer too.

have we ever Does "stefax marine" in morayfield ring any bells,never had so many different quotes and stories from 1 mechanic,Brisbane Yamaha doesnt sit well with me either after my mates experience ,however have found a few decent ones,Jerry Chee comes to mind at bribie,has done a few repairs/services for me now,and have trusted what he has told and showed me,and theres a new shed in the industrial area in caboolture called Caboolture marine that is currently holding its own.

Fishbait
12-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Danny and his team are fantastic to deal with since he took over a few years ago now - very friendly and professional advice too. I have been getting my boat serviced there now for years, brought new batteries and had radio and GPS installed - always done a great job and great advice - highly recommended! Top local boat business. Darren