PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Offshore Monday

Back In Black
08-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Fished offshore Noosa yesterday with a couple who have never been fishing outside before. Must have forgotten to tell them about the bar crossing we had to do?? Not sure if they were squeals of fear or joy, but once out they settled in. 2nd time now I have taken outside "virgins" for a fish, & both times they totally out fished me. Mike was onto red throat from the 1st drop to 2kg, snapper, tusks, cod & ended up taking home a dozen nice fish. Juna got her PB snapper at 3.5kg & twice I got absolutely monstered by something unstoppable. I think they may have been amberjacks. How do you stop those things???? I think karma is coming back to bite me after posting about my ANZAC Day spanish, with the shot of me holding him + 2 bananas. I have been fishing offshore now for 2 years & have never even seen or heard of a banana fish. Caught this thing & had no idea what it was, so I just had it in the water when I went to ring Gaven (Hookinin) for some ID help, when who but Warrigal comes by. He gave me heaps about the banana posting!!! He told me it was a banana fish, but I didn't know if he was taking the piss. Said they are fine to eat, preferably fresh as they don't freeze too well. Rang Hookinin eventually & he confirmed they are OK?? Not sure if those 2 are in cahoots having a lend of me?? Looked it up in Grants but the image isn't really the same. Juna wants to confirm before she cook for dinner tonight. Can anyone help, SERIOUSLY, ID it? All I ended up with all day was 6 "alleged" banana fish.
Tony

pipifin
08-05-2012, 11:36 AM
banana fish, shmanana fish....
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ13XHabEaslHV_BngWchLs-_wKK8oy4i33ibCX3buzS_TA4YFGA

lido76
08-05-2012, 11:37 AM
yes mate its a southern fuesilier aka Banana fish..
Cheers Brendan...........

outwide1
08-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Hey Tony,we fished about 100km out of Mooloolaba Sunday right through to Monday morning.
Got a few of those banana fish to,they are really good chewing.
Cheers Mick

warrigul
08-05-2012, 12:07 PM
sorry mate did not reliese you wanted a "serious" fish id so here goes
listen hear BACK IN BLACK AKA "ERIC" BANNANA
ERIC
THATS A FRIGGIN BANNANA FISH, GOT IT!!!!
goes nice sliced on weet-bix for brekky haven't you seen the boxes.
eat bacon next time you fish you will catch pig fish.
you tempted the hundreds of years of of fishings hoodoo

does any one know how to break this curse?
i think eric needs some help.
if not you can all ways sell your boat to your deckys they can catch snapper.

kock81
08-05-2012, 02:36 PM
i think eric aka back in black is in trouble
the only way ive heard you can break the curse is to eat a uncooked pilly on the full moon as it rises which is a full month away now. as the moon rises tonight could you let you dog eat all of the bannana fish it may work or a month you must wait till the next full moon. i hope this helps
kock.

Back In Black
08-05-2012, 05:35 PM
pipfin- nice graphics!
Brendan & Mick, nice to see someone can answer a fairly straightforward question with a clear straight answer.
Mick, what else did you pick up?
And then theres Warrigul- you've obviously got WAY too much time on your hands buddy. I seriously thought you were taking the piss out of me, as I know your thoughts on bananas, but I thought, wow, he did it with an awfully straight face. The only reason I confirmed with Hookinin is, its not that I don't trust you, IT'S JUST THAT I DON'T TRUST YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No need to worry about me & my curse, I'll work my way through it. Having banana fish for dinner tonight. Juna said she wouldn't cook it until I got a proper ID, shame, I gave 2 to the neighbour last night & they have been suspiciously quiet all day. Now its confirmed through good reliable sources like Mick, Brendan & Gaven, she'll gladly cook it up. Again, its not that Juna doesn't trust you, SHE JUST DOESN'T TRUST YOU!!!!
kock81- knew you'd get involved after my Mackerel effort. I'll go with the dog eating them mate. Thanks for your kind input!!
Tony

hookinin
08-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Maybe the boat should be called banana-na instead of Back in Black . I ended up coming home after work sunday and loaded the boat with fishing gear,ice and bait etc and took it down to Mooloolaba. Joe, Paul, Lisa, Barry and Gary drove up from Ipswich threw their gear in and got away at 8.30pm. They got back to my place about 1.00pm Monday with a good lot of fish and all smiles. Baybe next weekend i'll get out but Pete's going in for his shoulder op and his oldies are overseas so i may have to water Sunday.

Back In Black
09-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Gav,
You can't miss this weekend. Have you seen Seabreeze??? Looks amazing. Going to try to convince Juna to do a night fish, heading out about 4pm Friday & coming home midnight on high tide. She's not real keen on crossing the bar in the dark.
And by the way, I'll stick to Back In Black!!
Tony