PDA

View Full Version : North of the Cape

Jeremy
07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Went out from Bribie to Moreton on Saturday. Camped at Bulwer as usual and fished the ledge, but the ledge was quiet. Hooked something small which was scoffed by codzilla and I played it out for about 5 mins until it rubbed me off on the ledge. Saw a big hammer about 8 ft long follow a little squire up to the boat also. Pretty cool in the moonlight.

Headed out to the Cape sunday. Fished around Flinders and Hutchies trolling, drifting livies and throwing plastics. Very quiet, just one little mack tuna on the troll. Lots of bait holding and I did see a large mahi mahi roll on the surface in front of me at one point.

Only a dozen or so boats in the whole area which was very quiet on a good day. Big swell running tho with some swells probably 4 m. I wanted to fish the late afternoon with the rising moon, but with the big swells cracking on some of the banks in the top end of the bay, I left around 4 pm to cross the bay in the light.

Anyone else do any good out there?

QuinTin
07-05-2012, 03:55 PM
between two boats we got one cod about 8 odd kilo and one whip tail lol at west rocks on sunday did not stay out their to long bit rough for my boat
went to curtin reef for a try no luck their then glassed out had better trip home thank god saw today dam tinny :)

marto78
07-05-2012, 07:59 PM
We fished Roberts Shoal for one 33cm squire then hit up Deep Tempest for a couple of hrs and not even a nibble before heading back to camp south of Bulwer about 11pm Saturday night.

Black_Rat
08-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Fished with a mate and 2 other boats around 40 - 43 klms East North-East of Mooloolabah Monday. Other 2 boats got around 6 keepers each Squire and Pearlies. We managed a lost Flathead 40klms out :o Pretty slow going all day.
Heading out of Mooloolabah near low at 4:30am was fun ;D "Hold ON !" was called by the skipper a few times ! Geeze it's ordinary compared to what it used be.

burleygu
08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
hahaha sounded like you's went straight out over the bar damo!! hard left is the way to tackle it.