PDA

View Full Version : Who has a new Viking 5.5 with a 140 zuke ?

bf90
04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Is there any fellow aus fishers that has the new shape seafarer 5.5 Viking with a 140 zuke 4 stroke ? I put a post up not long back and received good feedback about the props that people are using on the zuke to suit a particular brand and style of boat. I have tried a few different types and sizes and I don't feel the zuke is at its peak performance. It is an absolute slug out of the hole and is gutless till
Around 3500 rpm. The factory prop is a 14x21 zuke ally. I have a permatrim fitted and that makes a lot of difference but it is still no where near what I would like! Thanks guys Brad.

robothefisho
04-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Is there any fellow aus fishers that has the new shape seafarer 5.5 Viking with a 140 zuke 4 stroke ? I put a post up not long back and received good feedback about the props that people are using on the zuke to suit a particular brand and style of boat. I have tried a few different types and sizes and I don't feel the zuke is at its peak performance. It is an absolute slug out of the hole and is gutless till
Around 3500 rpm. The factory prop is a 14x21 zuke ally. I have a permatrim fitted and that makes a lot of difference but it is still no where near what I would like! Thanks guys Brad.

Where are you located?

I have a prop which would probably give you around 37 knots and pretty good holeshot if you would like to try it.

bf90
04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
hey robo I am in Brisvegus :)

FisHard
04-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey mate, I'm selling a 15.5x17 Suzi stainless prop (see classifieds) also happy for you to give it a shot. Its as good as new :)

Swanie1975
04-05-2012, 10:09 PM
i dont have a 5.5 viking but i do run a 140 suzi on a signature 550. i ditched the 21 p alloy as holeshot was woeful and ended u with a merc trophy plus 20p (after trying way too many props;)) am now happy with holeshot and top end is about 70kmh;D

IMO the motor didnt have the guts to spin the 21p but the WOT revs were spot on when i was running it and yeh like you said the mid-range was good once spinning above 3500 whereas the 19p was awesome holeshot but hit the rev limiter.

im on the goldie if you want to try it send me a pm and we can prob sort something out.

cheers ryan